Never played eq2, lots of eq 1

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Dazze, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Dazze New Member

Ill be trying out fg when it opens today, any good advice? Good classes, races, starting area, quests etc that will help me hit the ground running?

I like grouping over solo play, typically play enchanter or clerics in eq1.
  2. Kaerkor New Member

There aren't really race/class restrictions like in EQ1, but you'll see recommendations for combos that are more effective when you create your character.

Right now, there are four starting areas - two for each alignment, but to get to New Halas/Neriak you need to travel there manually.

Questing is much more integral to gearing and you'll see plenty of them, although crafted gear is still extremely useful.

If you have any other questions in game or want to group, give me a shout (hopefully I keep this name)!
  3. Banecrow New Member

Only restrictions for classes is if your race is good or evil. Example a troll is evil so cannot be a paladin, but you can start them off as a shadow knight and then betray the evil city to move yourself to the side of good and switch over to a paladin.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Littlestgnome New Member

Honestly your biggest decision in the beginning is going to be whether you play as good (Qeynos side) or evil (Freeport side) as it impacts where you will begin life in the game and what your most natural zone progression will be.

As far as quests go, there is no shortage of them in EQ2 regardless of your level or location. But pay particular attention to Heritage quests as they tend to provide players with some of the nicest rewards EQ2 has to offer. Being a long time EQ1 player you should also get quite the entertainment value out of them as well. :)