Need more information for Stormhold !!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Arcos, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Arcos Active Member

We now have our transfer tokens appearing in bags for the move off the dying Stormhold server. These are self-explanatory and give information on how to prepare your character before moving off the server.

For some of us it would be helpful if someone could clarify a few things. My main server before Stormhold was Splitpaw (now Thurgadin), an EU server and I have all my slots filled over there. I also have all my US server slots filled but this would be no problem if moving from Stormhold to Antonia Bayle - end result same number of US slots filled.

If, however, my Stormhold guild decides (as we're all European players) to move back to Thurgadin will the number of slots I have on the EU servers increase automatically to accommodate the transferred toons? Or will I have to decide who to delete or buy more slots - a bit unfair since it wasn't our decision to close Stormhold.

Regarding guilds presumably guild halls are transferred when moving with the automatic move to AB? What if we want to move to another server? Can guild halls be moved as well?

I'll probably come up with more questions but for now it would also be useful to know how long we've got before Stormhold shuts its doors for the last time.
  2. Tabbyclouds Member

I also want to know the answer to the guild hall question. We are a small family lvl 40 guild on Stormhold with 4 accounts only playing on it. We have decided we are going to AB anyway, but presume we have to wait for merger if we want our GH to travel with us?

What happens if we transfer a few players now and leave a few on Stormhold? Would the guild hall and other characters come over with the merge? It says that guild affiliation is removed with transfer token. If this is the case when the merge happens anyway, we may as well just go now, but if GH etc will move with us with merge, we would prefer to wait.

And yes, would like to know when the merge is going to happen too?

Thanks in advance
  3. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Guild halls have never came along with any character in the past with a server xfer, not even the guild leader.
    On a server merge, yes they were copied over. So I'd leave a guild leader on that server if you want that GH on AB.
    If moving from US to EU yes, you would need to buy a character slot expansion before transferring to that server, or delete a toon.
    That's how it's been in the past anyway, they may change something this time around but I'd say that's highly unlikely.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Arcos Active Member

If it was simply my decision to change server then I would agree to the need to buy a slot expansion or delete a toon. In this instance DB have decided for whatever reason to close the server. I would argue that this is the same as a server merger and everything should be done to accommodate players without extra cost. Why should the decision to close Stormhold benefit DB through forced purchase of slots?
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Your argument is correct. It is the same as a server merger. In fact it is the merger of Stormhold into AB. Just like all of the other mergers, players had the opportunity to move to other servers, but the only real merge was with the specifically identified server.
  6. Arcos Active Member

Perhaps I'm coming at this from the wrong angle. The difference between earlier server mergers and this one is because Stormhold is the first TLE server. All previous servers were based on merging US with US and EU with EU servers. Since there were no specific US or EU TLE servers EU players had no choice where to play if they wanted the TLE experience. Now that the server is being scrapped EU players with no empty slots are faced with the main choice for their characters of being moved to a US server (even though for many of them all their other characters are on Thurgadin). We've put up with the increased lag caused by being on a US based server to get the TLE experience we were promised. Now it seems, unless we pay extra, we're forced to continue to play with lag on live.

I'm sorry but this server merger is plain wrong if all it offers at no cost to players is moving to the wrong server.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  7. Tabbyclouds Member

There is a Guide on SH right now if you want to ask questions :)
  8. Arcos Active Member

Thanks for the heads up but I seriously doubt a guide will have been briefed on the move. Also why should only those who happen to be on the server at this particular time be the only ones to get the information?

I'm very surprised that DB issued the tokens for moving off server without simultaneously publishing the Q&A.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The Q & A is the same as with every other merge, its only the server names that have changed, so I wouldn't wait for a new FAQ on it.

Cyrrena
  10. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

not quite the same as a us server merger
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can we PLEASE get the option to transfer to Test server? :-/

In the OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for the Sept. 14 Game Update Notes, it said specifically, "any non-timelocked server." Well, Test isn't a timelocked server, but it's not an option when I try to use the Transfer Tokens on my characters. :(

Why not, o Devs? o_O

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Ceyllynn like this.