Need more Etyma, please!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Samael, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Still valid as I rechecked prices.

Prices of Merchant/Crafted need adjusting imo.
    Mermut likes this.
  2. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Oops. Please mever mind. Misunderstood your question. Sorry :)
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Similar to trading quested gear ?

I destroy the armor using the 5 gold item and get the next tier of gem ?

In such a cas do i also get back the purple adorn (if any)?
  4. Kalika Well-Known Member

Same for me i just took 1 yellow gem to see the effect, i saved my etymas till now.
    Kalderon likes this.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it's similar to that, yes. As to adorns being returned... yep, this better be the way it works... at least the purple adorns, if not the white as well. There's no way to dislodge the adorn and preserve the gear for trade-in otherwise, and causing players to completely lose that purple adorn would be a huge heartache.
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I think prices should be:
    Crafted:
    yellow is 4;
    Blue is 4x5 = 20
    Green is 20x5 = 100

Purchased from vendor:
    Yellow.is 6;
    Blue is 6x5 = 30
    Green is 30x5 = 150

Then crafters will be in business. The difference b/w crafted and purchased should be more noticable.
    1:5 ration is just an example. It can be diminishing but again the same trend for both crafted and purchased.

EDIT: Though in my proposal to craft 4 yellow and convert is still a better option than to craft one blue.

What should really be done is make crafted one yellow 5 etymas. 4 of them will still cost less than to buy. Then make one blue crafted to cost 19 etymas. Then people would craft blues instead of converting. But it might be considered too cheap.

Anyway crafters should consider to go into yellow gem business only :p
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Actualy im at work, so mind to spare the result of the effect if i put on one yellow gem to the armor? ^^ Thanks
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

More or less one single gem increase anything by 4,5% .. i mean any stat from stamina to casting speed or critical bonus.
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Anybody checked how much the conversion item cost and in what currency?

Thanks!
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Somebody posted in the other thread that to convert cryptic into blue gem will cost 10 etymas and some plat.
    I think it should rest crafters concerns. Crafted blue gem costing 25 etymas is cheaper than 16+ 10=26 etymas. Both ways are cheaper than to buy a blue gem from a vendor.

I believe it's good news if it's true :)
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's true and I agree.