Need ideas… good class for a player with slow reaction time

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions' started by ARCHIVED-Coffee_Hound, Jan 22, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lethbridge Guest

I would suggest a Paladin, can take insane amounts of damage, has self heals, and gets an awesome winged helm.
  2. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Lethbridge wrote:
    Actually, according to Lera ... that's a bucket that is trying to fly off one's head.
  3. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Defiler or Templar have slow casting heals and 'feel' more sedate than the other healers. I do agree with one of the bards though. If she's following you with buffs correctly placed, pretty much anything else she does is 'gravy' in all but the toppest of top-end content.
  4. ARCHIVED-baguetteovenfresh Guest

do a conjuror. they only need to sic the pet and pretend to do some dps while the pet kills stuff.

best part though for conjy is the spells are very cool looking. the fire pet can tank about as well as the earth pet, up till the 30s i am still using it even against ^^^heroics with no healer hench. put it in defensive stance, and it will kite stuff around and not get hit overly much. just make sure to master her pet spell through research or the broker, it makes a huge difference in how much damage and survivability the pet has.

the aoe's conjurors get look really neat. one summons rocks and levitates them in the air and then smashes the npcs - its the best looking spell in the game, imo.
  5. ARCHIVED-Coffee_Hound Guest

I just wanted to drop a quick update on this old thread...
    Thanks again for all of the help/suggestions! My daughter is really enjoying her fae conjuror. You guys were right that she would really like having a pet. She is still a little overwhelmed with all of the controls, spells, and what she needs to do, but that doesn't stop her from having fun. She really likes collecting shinies and harvest items... I think I need to teach her how to craft now, but that might be a little too complex.
    Here she is wearing her light-up fairy wings IRL while she plays her in-game 'fairy'.
    [IMG]
    **EDIT - fixed pic**
    [IMG]
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

=) Awesome.
    Both of my kids rather enjoy their characters too.
    Cute kid.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gyee Guest

Beautiful job on the child and the choice. :)

Glad she's having fun, and that's what counts.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kapath Guest

this almost brought a tear to my eye...a zerk tear (they don't come easy). You're a lucky/good father bro!
  9. ARCHIVED-Gravy Guest

Coffee_Hound wrote:
    Crafting can be easy to a young person. Might I suggest a carpenter. This can open up the wonderful world of home decorating.
  10. ARCHIVED-ShadowMunkie Guest

Glad she is having fun, crafting is a lot easier than adventuring because you can teach her how to look at items (Ctrl + Left Click) and she will be able to view all the Gear/House Items thats in her bag. I also agree with Carpenter because it opens up House decorating as well as show her the Dungeon Maker (If you have Age of Discovery on her account, she might like that if she likes house decorating.)
    Just my 2 cents.
  11. ARCHIVED-Coffee_Hound Guest

I was thinking a carpenter too since she loves decorating her little house with the few items you get from early quests. She will set there for hours moving her handful of items around, so I am sure she will love being able to make items too. Hey, and when she gets good at it, I can finally get my house decorated
  12. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Coffee_Hound wrote:
    I'd recommend a carpenter too.
    You can tie it in with harvesting, tier 1 rares are very easy to find and make interesting (if slightly ugly) house items.