Need help with the royal house names of the dark elves.

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Salat, Dec 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Salat Guest

If you could list the nobility house names of the Dark Elves, that would really help me with my character bio.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Thex is the surname of the royalty (king, queen, etc).
  3. ARCHIVED-Ennis Guest

King Naythox Thex and Queen Cristanos Thex are the only names mentioned that I could find for the royal house of Neriak.

A good place for lore is http://bhur.silverwordz.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=5 . They have transcripts of all those books and newspapers that were sold in EQ1.
    Message Edited by Ennis on 12-17-2004 10:22 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-Diernes Guest

This isnt forgotten realms, why is it that everyone must bring other world's lore into it just because EQ has "drow" like characters.
  5. ARCHIVED-Salat Guest

Who mentioned anything about Drow and Forgotten Realms? I asked what the name was for the Dark Elf royality. You know, the last name of the Queen, who locked the gates of FG up and took the remaining Dark Elves further underground, right here in Everquest. And the responses I got, besides yours, is about the name here in Everquest and not in Forgotten realms. At least, if your going to flame, get it right.
    Message Edited by Salat on 12-17-2004 10:17 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Consolation Guest

D'edne and D'narus are two of the main houses in EQOA
  7. ARCHIVED-MondaynSilvaCor Guest

The Teir`Dal also do have house names just like the drow in forgotten realms. But it is alot different structure then how it is described. Look around and speak to NPCs in EQ1 within Neriak you will find quite a few houses running around. The Thexians are supposed to be the first true Teir`Dal to be formed from Innoruk when he stole them from Tunare. Thus they are the prime rulers over EQ in 'the age of turmoil'. There is also the house N`Mar which I believe is the second largest family in Neriak that runs the rogues guild and has many members inside the Indigo Brotherhood.
  8. ARCHIVED-Trisagiona Guest

Excuse my ignorance but what is EQOA? I've seen many references to it but no explanation.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jaron95 Guest

Everquest for the Playstation2. It's set 500 years prior to EQlive. Qeynos and Freeport are TINY, Erudites haven't left Tunaria (before it gets renamed to Antonica) yet, there are dwarf miners in the deeper levels of Blackburrow, Befallen is still called Marr's Fist and is populated by paladins and clerics and Lord William Taros rather than undead, there are still some remnants left of the Elddar forest, and there are elves still trying to save it in Fayspires and Tethelin.
  10. ARCHIVED-MondaynSilvaCor Guest

From what I understand of what the current games of EQ franchise are that about - it goes in order like this.

Lords of Everquest ( Real Time Strategy game set 10,000 years before the original Everquest) http://lordsofeverquest.station.sony.com/
    This is the story of when all the races once lived together on Tunaria ( later renamed to Antonica) and how the 3 realms fought for control of the land).

Everquest Online Adventures http://everquestonlineadventures.station.sony.com/ ( Playstation 2 - MMORPG set 500 years before Everquest begins )
    This is before the elves, dwarves and gnomes left for the faydwer , abondening their home from Tunaria and how Antonica eventually came to be as it is in Everquest) )

Champions of Norrath http://championsofnorrath.station.sony.com/ ( Playstation 2 - Action / RPG - Im not sure on the current time line but I do know it is set after EQOA, and before Everquest begins, it tells of the story of how Faydwer was threatened by some greater evil ( I never actually completed the game ) .

Everquest http://eqlive.station.sony.com/ : expansions in order - Ruins of Kunark - Scars of Velious - Shadows of Luclin - Planes of Power - The Legacy of Ykesha - The Lost Dungeons of Norrath - Gates of Discord - Omens of War.
    This is obviously where it all began and this era alone ( I think mainly reffered to as the age of turmoil ) has much history / legend / and myth set into it.

Everquest 2 http://everquest2.station.sony.com/ ( The state in which Norrath lies now, obvoiously )

I do know that a sequel to Champions of Norrath is under-way, no idea when they are setting it though.
  11. ARCHIVED-DarthRevan Guest

Lords of Everquest is set slightly before Eqoa because in Lords of everquest Takish Hiz, the elven capital on Tunaria at the time was still standing. In Eqoa it was sacked by the Dark elven armies, and its in ruin.
  12. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

Takish Hiz was destroyed because of Solusek Ro turning the surrounding forest into desert.
  13. ARCHIVED-RoneWindstream Guest

Indeed, Solusek Ro is the god of neutrality. He is all about balance. The elven empire was growing to strong on antonica so he set their forest to fire and created the deserts of Ro. With no forests left to keep the elves sustained, their empire fell in around themselves. Chaos ensued and they fled to Faydwer.
  14. ARCHIVED-Mordock of the Highwynd Guest

This is the time Norrath is in during EQOA...

The god if Fire, Solusek Ro, turned what was once the beautiful land of the elddar into a desert. Takish`Hiz took a major fall from that, but still survived.

Back at Neriak, the Tier'dal heard of this and began plans to attack the Elves while they were crippled. They attack the Elves and destroyed their city of Takish`Hiz. The Tier'Dal took over their Rosethorn Spire and turned it into a necromancer's tower. They began to loot and plunder the valuables that were left in the ruins of the Elves` city.

Most of the elves founded a new continent that was not known to many people 1000 years ago, but a few believed they could save what little they had. The Elves moved just north of the Tier'Dal and built Fayspires. This will be their last foothold on Tunaria.

Meanwhile, a few humans began researching the studies of magic. These Erudites, as they would later be called, grew disgusted with their fellow man for their barbaric ways. The Erudites left the town of Qeynos, moved south, and built the city of Highborne. Later though, their leader, Erud, discovered a large mass of land west of Tunaria. He and the Erudites decided to settle there.

Then, the darker races of Norrath founded the lost art of necromancy. Pledging their life to Bertoxullius, they mastered decease and summoning spells. Some Erudites began taking darker paths and became shadowknights and necromancers. They had to practice in secret, for if the others found out, they would surely be punished.

Later, the ogres resurfaced many centuries after the Rallosian war and began to go out into the world and fight, for that is the only thing they knew how to do. The Necromancers of the land then spread a horrible plague throughout the two lands of Odus and Tunaria. It was quite the epidemic, but was later cured by the druids of Surefall.

Almost 17 years later, (Norrath time) a mysterious epidemic began to occur. People began turning into animal creatures, such as wolves, bears, and lions. It was found out that the secret unkept tribe of the unkept wood were responsible. They did not want to infect people, but wanted to keep intruders out. They fought the intruders and their blood got mixed in with survivers. Unlike the unkept, the intruders didn't know how to control the lycanthropy desease and roamed the countryside slaughtering anyone they came across.

This is the time EQOA is in.

Oh yeah, some houses include J'Narus, U'dedne, and Thex.
  15. ARCHIVED-Nyven Guest

As far as eqoa houses go, Do`Vexis is the second house in political power standing. Their house is located near the gate to Darklight Palace in Neriak, and many of the npcs in the area talk about the honor they have for being located so close to Thex.
  16. ARCHIVED-troodon311 Guest

No he's not, he rules the Plane of Sun.
  17. ARCHIVED-Yaskel Guest

Well during the good ole days of EQ1 and I do mean a long time ago when they used to run quality GM events.
    Queen Thex officaly recognised House Rea'Morda as a noble House of Neriak at the end of several events revolving around Neriak and the Teir'Dal.
    As you may imagine for a RP guild we where pretty pumped up about it.
    5 Years on, we are still about (although now moved to EQ2, AB server of course) with many of the original players and still with the same guild leader! :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

I've just started playing Champions of Norrath two weeks ago, and I noticed that one of the Wood Elf guards in the Lesser Faydark referances the Orcs being forced out of Crushbone 20 years ago, so I got the impression that the game is set at least 20 years after EverQuest 1. While skimming the solution guide, I also noticed that you visit the Plane of Air later in the game, which is one of the Planes of Power sealed by the Greater Gods, right? Is CoN definatlly set before EQ1, 'cause lots of things don't add up if it is.
    Message Edited by Astralmage on 01-28-2005 04:11 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

CoN doesnt really fit in with EQ lore very well no matter how you look at it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

Yeah, I guessed as much. I thought maybe it was supposed to fit in somewhere though considering the amount of lore in there. I've already met Firiona Vie for the first time and Mayong Mistmoore's been mentioned a couple of times. I did notice in the guide that Innoruuk's had a makeover though.