Need help deciding between Conj and Wiz

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-chivasc, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-chivasc Guest

hello,

I am a returning player but still kinda new since I never really level my characters to high. I have some friends who are in their 80s and they are helping me out a lot. I just need to figure out if I want to commit to my 32 Conj or 42 Wiz.

The conj is a lot of fun to play with and seems like he can solo well when I dont have help. Right now I am problems leveling my Wiz. I know a part of the problem was due to my betrayal and my spells being down graded. I did get most back up to Adept and a couple to expert. It could be my cast chain that is the problem.

I normally start off with shackle (if single target)>ball of fire>immolation> solar flare>whatever else is available.

I like the Conj because of the pet but I like the Wiz because of the teleporting. I read that the DPS between the two can be pretty close.

Any advice?
  2. ARCHIVED-ScottAdams Guest

The advice I always give is play the one you first think of as being fun. Odds are its the right one.
    To me it really sounds like you want to be playing your conjurer but are trying to talk yourself out of it
  3. ARCHIVED-chivasc Guest

LOL...you may be right.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lamprey_02 Guest

My main's a conji, he's crazy fun. Play one if you like the class. There's definitely a peace of mind which comes from knowing that no matter where you go, there's a pet that will kill anything that agroes you. If you're worried about being poor DPS or not getting group spots once 90, don't be - DPS and groupability are about even. Both classes have good DPS and very little utility, both are wanted.