Need Class Picking Advice

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by gaymer77, Feb 20, 2017.

1. gaymer77 Active Member

Ok so my boyfriend is having trouble deciding on what he wants to actually play. He's been playing a bruiser and now he doesn't care for it too much. I asked him what he'd like to play and he said something with a pet. I know that beastlord is a pet class but its purchasable and right now he's not sure what he'd like so that could be wasted money if he doesn't like it. I also know a necromancer is a pet class but that's all I know of it. Is it a ranged class or can it be melee? Also what other pet classes are there? He's no opposed to a healer that has a pet as long as it is a fun class to play. Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Necro and Conjy are the two main (included by default) pet classes. Both of them are mages.
    The illy has a lesser pet (compared to the two above classes) and is a utility mage.
    The coercer can charm critters, but most charmed critters are weak.. and charms can break and are of limited duration. They're another utility mage.
    Defiler and mystics have even lesser pets then the two classes above and both are healers. Defiler is mostly ranged, Mystic is most effective as melee.