Need a little help.....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Leloes, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm doing quest where I go back down into Demons Delve. When I went down there the first I found it with no problem. The second time I went down I used up my totem so I drowned. What is the easiest way to get there and back without using up the whole totem?
  2. jblackfox Member

First of all you might want to invest in a totem of the otter. They last longer than the ones the quest giver gives you. Secondly, I just follow the bubbles when I get close. They can lead you right into the tunnel.
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Where do I get a totem of the otter?
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

From the broker. They are player crafted. If you happen to know a woodworker, you could ask them to craft some up for you as well.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I don't know a woodworker. Any specific broker I should go to? I'm still a little confused by brokers. I can't figure out to buy from them or how to sell to them.:confused:
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

To avoid using a totem at all you can swim above the water until you get to where you start to see the bubbles coming up from under the water. Then you swim straight down and into the cave. Once in the water tunnel going to the main cave system swim up towards the top, there are a couple of air pockets and you should be able to make it in without using a totem at all.

There are a couple of brokers in New Halas. One is in the main housing/crafting area right beside the banker. The another is under the eaves of one of the large buildings outside. (loc about -34, 148, 3 ). There is a third down in the building with the scout trainers on the snowy ramp up to town where the downy kestrel mobs are.
  7. Calthine Well-Known Member

Are you a Free Member? Brokers are restricted for Free Members.
  8. Leloes Well-Known Member

No, I'm a gold subscriber.
  9. Calthine Well-Known Member

Then you just go up to the broker and double-click on him. A window will open up. Should be intuitive from there.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

Call me a dummy but I did all that and I still couldn't how to go from there.
  11. Ahupu Well-Known Member

There are tabs at the top click the one that says buy(should be the default first screen, but you never know) from the buy screen there is a search bar at the top type in "totem otter" (without the quotes of course) it will pull up a list of all the people selling them and then just highlight one and click buy in the lower right hand corner to buy one (Shift to buy a quantity, Ctrl to buy a stack).
    Calthine likes this.
  12. Leloes Well-Known Member

Thanks, Ahupu, I appreciate your help!
  13. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Glad to help sometimes the simplest things can confound me too. I was trying to collect lore pages and I had auto accept on and for whatever reason that is a no-no they won't pick up. took me literally days of trying it before I grokked what was going on so do not feel bad.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

Some of the stuff is new to me because I'm used to playing single player games and they don't have as many things to continue doing to the character. With a single player game usually one sets up the character in the beginning and that's it. And if there are things that need to be bought you get them off merchants not brokers. Well, you've all played single player games so you know them and EQ2.