Necromancer... Sarnak??!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-OneEyedJack, May 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-OneEyedJack Guest

Question for all you dead loving mages...
    I am thinking of rolling out an alt... Sarnak of course because I would like to see the new areas and what-not. I see by the race traits that the Sarnak starts with a 17 INT. Either lowest or 2nd lowest for them. STR and STA (or WIS) is better.
    Mages/Necros need INT. Could a Sarnak be an effective Necro?
    Thoughts, anyone?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Any race will be an effective any class.
    So yes, create your sarnak necro.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ashmedai Guest

Sparkie@Befallen wrote:
    Because Timorous Deep isn't a short hop from the other starting zones?

Oh wait, it is.
  4. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

You can make other races outta Tim Deep btw and I would probably recommend rolling a toon there because the quest rewards there are better than other areas (though i haven't leveled a toon out of neriak).
    For casters the best race is probably Erudite (spell haste) or possibly Dark Elf (but I don't think you can start a Dark Elf in Gorowyn).
    Any race can be any class "effectively" but if you wanna get an edge up pick a race that suits the class imo. Sanarks are more melee-ish or possibly healer-ish with their close proxmity AOE, roots don't affect them as much, melee or healing crit etc etc.
    Enoa
  5. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

The slight edge you may or may not get from one particular race is easily overcome by the use of gear in almost all cases.
    It is much better to choose a race you like and are happy with than one you think may do 0.02% more DPS because of some racial bonus.
    The best advice I can give is if you are not sure of the many racial bonuses just make a few lvl 1's, look at what they get, then delete if you don't like before you spend time playing.
  6. ARCHIVED-cyric22 Guest

Or instead of wasting your time making toons to check out racial abilities check out the descriptions on eq2.wikia.com.
    There is a plethera of gear that gives casting haste that is easily attainable? I'm only aware of Nagol's Treasure (5%) and cloak of alendine (or whatever out of SOF - 10%) that is relatively easily attainable. And even if you had the robe isn't 15% spell haste better than 10%? Yes. Sure the INT etc doesn't play a huge role because it's easy to cap out stats but it will still help at lower levels.
    I'm sure it adds up to more than 0.02%. Considering the necro's class defining trait of a necro is Lich.... which proc's off every spell cast. More spells/min = more dps and more lich procs. So we cast pretty fast already (compared to sorcerers) but I'd argue when your dps is from spells and dps is your job then casting better should be a priority.
    You never know you might end up liking your necro enough to make it a main and decide to raid with it someday... then you'll feel like an idiot choosing a race with absolutely no benefits for casters.
    The OP's main goal in rolling in Gorowyn was to check out the new zones and expressed concerns that the sanark is not perhaps the best class for necro. He is right -> however you can check out the new zones as an Erudite.
    Enoa - 80 templar
    Balorn - 80 necro
    Oloheo - 80 troub
  7. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Yes, I am sorry....race in EQ2 has a HUGE affect in gameplay and espcially in raiding.
    As I said, you will be playing this character for a long time more than likely so find one you like....review the racial choices (whichever way is easier for) and enjoy your necro.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

Same team, same team!! /sigh Go with the race you won't mind having to stare at for the next...however long this game lasts till. (iksars are pretty much the sexiest...just saying)