Necro Leveling - Early/Mid AAs?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Dimensius, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Dimensius New Member

Starting a necro and while i've seen a lot of guides about AAs, they are all regarding end game raiding. Can anyone post me in the right direction as to exactly where to spend my first 50 or so AAs? A link to a leveling build woudl be amazing. Oh and iI'm free to play, so have no choice but to have the slider at 50%. Thanks.
    Stammel Desperado likes this.
  2. Applo Member

Get tainted heals on necro tab, then go down the Intelligence tree on Summoner tab, with mastercrafted, even without a merc you should be able to do heroic dungeons with that build. Just pick anything that will beef up that pet and allow you to keep it alive.
  3. Rotherian Well-Known Member

As Applo said, start with tainted heals. For my solo/molo spec, I usually max out the enhance selections that trigger tainted heals (except for Enhance: Necromantic Pact - because it is a pet buff that stays up until cancelled and its recast time is so long that it isn't worth using, given the short cooldown on Chains of Torment). In addition to those, I usually spec max points into the enhance options on the far right (i.e. Soulrot, Bloodcoil, Pandemic, and Bloody Ritual). The rest of the choices are pretty much based upon your playstyle (for example, if you find yourself forced into the role of spot healer, it might pay to put points into Enhance:Transfer Life).

Here is my spec for soloing. It is balanced between damage output and survivability, and while others might have suggestions that would work better, I generally don't have problems running content with this spec unless I get cocky and pull a whole room of mobs (and even then, death isn't a foregone conclusion).
  4. Stammel Desperado Active Member

Cool Thank you! I have a Necro, and I'm gonna use this. Any idea on the perfect rotation/circle of spells? I would really like to know, as I am trying to get back into playing my Necro!
  5. Ragna Well-Known Member

Depending on your level/AAs/gears, necro's rotation can change quite a bit. But basicly, it's alway : Soulrot, something, Soulrot, something, Soulrot, something... rince and repeat until the mob is dead.
  6. Bloodlich Member

This works for me: elemental toxicity, soulrot, bloodcoil, soulrot, lifetap, soulrot, pandemic, soulrot..basically you want to keep soulrot always running. I also marco /pet attack with each of my spells so my pet always assists me.
    Rotherian likes this.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

don't use pandemic unless its a group of mobs =P Throw in the new death grip or whatever its called instead. After the next GU, you'll also want to add dumbfires to the rotation.
  8. Stammel Desperado Active Member

Thank you guys so much! This really helps.