Necro duo question

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Stellarthief, May 7, 2013.

1. Stellarthief New Member

Hi folks.

Returning player here with an opinion question.

What is in your opinion the better theory duo, with aims of heroic content duoing but no merc?

Dirge and necro
    Necro and necro
    Fury and necro

A Short reasoning to your opinion would be helpful

Thanks
  2. Applo Member

Necros can solo heroic content, if you've been gone long, things have changed a lot -- most classes can solo heroic content. If you're badly geared or just want a partner, in order of duo complement: SK > BL/Necro or illy. SK can take a lot of damage, heal himself and with your mage pet going with their passive heals and the occasional heals you may want to give, I can't imagine what you couldn't do together.

Another necro would be good too, depending on how well equipped you are you could both have your mage pets up or if necessary, one could have a fighter pet going, same style of playing is true if you chose to duo with a BL. The only thing about another necro is the limitations it would put on finding a full group for hardmode at end game, some people just absolutely hate having two of the same class in a group. An illy would be awesome with the necro leading the charge.

Honestly a necro can duo with any class very well, but these are my top 4 that could blow through content the quickest and easiest.
  3. Jofe Member

Removed ,, I basically stated what applo had ;)
  4. Stellarthief New Member

Thanks for input so far ;)
  5. Ritten Member

Heroic content I'd say any heals. I love my inq cause he can heal pretty good, cures awesome and has some nice buffs as a bonus.
  6. Bloodlich Member

I'd go with fury since they have mage-friendly buffs, heals,cures, and the convenience of portals, etc, etc.
  7. Stellarthief New Member

We're level 35 now - still on necro/necro as SK/other classes are either higher or lower than the necros. But last night we did Kaladim. In general the team could do anything there, even without paying attention. Problems come when we pull 3-4 multimob heoric groups at once. There is too much swarm to handle. 3-4 ^^^ mobs are not really an issue though. At the end of Kaladim the level 40 heoric groups with 1 ^^^ and 3 normal (or ^?, I dont remember) were also non issues (so at the time, 6 levels higher heoric group).

But if things go bad, they go bad fast without FD. Its fun though!