Necro different AA build?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Greedon, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Greedon Active Member

Being new to the Necro is there a difference in the AA builds? Is there a line that is better for spells and one for pets? Been looking at several builds from people here with Necro's but still confused, hopefully someone can explain this to me.

Thanks

G.
  2. Kalika Well-Known Member

Hard to reply ... depend a lot of your level and number of AA.

Till 80-85 you can play with a tank pet and pick your AA to be a little group by yourself (you heal and dps, pet tank)
    but from 90 on it does not work anymore ;-(
  3. Greedon Active Member

My necro is lvl 63 and 147 AA's iirc. But what changes at 90? Pets aren't as good, necro isn't as good?
    Thanks for the info.

G.
  4. Anunnaki Active Member

What is it that you mean by this? What function does your pet serve *to you*?
  5. Treiko Active Member

mobs change, and the tank pet has not worked well for several years now. as it stands, the mage pet is your best pet for everything. you might use tank pet for harder named or whatever, but for everything else, the mage performs better. for one thing, it puts out far more DPS, which means the mob does not live long enough to kill it. secondly if the pet does take damage, some of its spells are lifetaps.. so healing is covered, and what it can't heal, tainted heals will cover. and because the mage pet is so awesome, most of the time it will most likely keep the aggro off of you via sheer dps.

there are some AAs in the summoner tree that affect your pet's power, but not by a whole lot. something along the lines of resistability and threat management. A couple in the necro tree will do things like make them faster to cast and increase their damage slightly. overall the mage pet is pretty beefy (since that is the one you will use the most) already, so after you get those few AAs the rest will be spent increasing your own damage. hope that helped a little :)
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

Do you use a mercenary ? Do you plan to solo heroic (with no mercenary) ?
    If No/yes the tank pet is a good option ... if you don't plan to do heroic mage is better.
  7. Anunnaki Active Member

Not really, mage pet does a better job holding aggro, has a similar health pool (my tank pet has 50k more health) and does more damage.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

i doubt it's true at level 63.

Indeed i don't really doubt try a 60ish dungeon like Nest of the great egg (boss is like 67) and you mage pet will simply explode. Tank pet are broken from 90 on but before they can actually tank almost any even con or yellow heroic.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

May be try that: http://beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU68;et0124470a0aa0a0a50100108t1515@300550055050@81t2500500550@415010@31
    For a tank pet build ... for max pet survavibility, but it's probably not the best you can do.
    Reanimate may seems cool but if pet death prevent trigger mobs will probably one shot you (i mean heroics) since it clear agro.

My necro soloed most heroic content, but it was like 3 years ago since dragon AAs have appeared and some restriction about how we can spend AA hhave been lifted. So a necro who leveled recently could probably give you a better build.

For solo content or group (and even if you use a tank mercenary) you will need something quite different.
  10. Airvh Active Member

It won't really make too much of a difference what you pick until you hit level 95... (100 tomorrow).
    My suggestion would be once you hit 90 and start doing the Prestige tab, consider choosing both Trees so you get the Crit Bonus to Potency and the Potency to Crit Bonus buffs. Both of these are very nice for Necros, and having the "Self Re-Animation" and the "Lifetap/Lifeburn" buffs is nice too. :)