Necro / Conjy pet frustration

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Toggie, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Toggie Member

I worked on the signature line and got the basic version of Epic 2.0 for my Conjuror and Necro.

I know he's the first level (Apprentice), but the GM scout pet does significantly more damage than Epic 2.0. On an epic training dummy, which is what I have access to for testing...it made me pretty sad.

GM scout, from the training - Average 490-510 (30,871,103,527) over 5 mins timed.
    Moratis's Reaper - Average 430-440 (17,350,026,949) over 5 mins timed

I didn't expect doubled numbers from the Reaper, but I thought it would be on par with GM scout pet. From what little research I could scrounge up, the Reaper is the only option post level 100.

This game is so frustrating. It's going to take me months to get Reaper up to a respectable level. I just can't seem to get significantly ahead without having to drop down 80 bucks to bring the pet up. There doesn't seem to be a balance in getting caught up to do representable damage to attract a guild or group, and there is no bar to see significant measurable increase. To the winds with any other stat other than Resolve, so why even work on anything else? How can you see measurable results that is the defining factor for MMOs?

What a mess. Go broke or suffer months of research for a single spell...only to have the results unknown.

Now I has a sad. :( Is there any good news these days, or have I returned to the sunset of EQ2?

Moratis / Sadiven / Throknar
    Halls of Fate
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Reaper / Planeswalker can be brought with >> craftable spells << to ancient. These are still the best for summpners.

The bad thing: At the moment you still need the >> Greater Planar Energy << shards from old PQ for crafting, or you get them from Refuge
  3. Toggie Member

Someone had sent me a tell about this, but as of the time, he had farmed for months and only had half of what he needed to craft anything. It was by his suggestion to just buy it outright with DB cash.

I guess this game is like watching a loved one die slowly. You try everything you can to involve yourself until the end, but nothing works...there are no answers, you feel like you're the only one that cares.

Acceptance and then stumbling along like everyone else, going through the motions until the end does come seems the only plan. The other "game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned" is in no better state. Sad to see the state of MMOs the way it is, when it had so much potential in the past. Nothing good lasts forever. :(

Now I got to pick between conjy and necro, focus on one until my sub expires. This was a very expensive experiment in coming back to EQ2, and it did not yield positive results.
    Meneltel likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's pretty easy for a 110 toon to solo KA PQs. And if not, an appeal on LFG and General chat for more to kill the PQ and possibly get Greater Fragment of Planar Energy usually turns up at least a few people, making the PQ quite doable.
  5. Amiiss Member

My issue is the exact opposite of this. I upgraded the reaper pet 2 years ago to ancient. I have also taken the normal scout pet up to ancient. The Epic 2.0 from two expacs ago still totally blows the scout pets out of the water.

Each class is awarded spells as they level up, usually 1 per level. The Epic 2.0 spells for the two summoner classes totally negate 3 entire levels worth of spells.

The Epic pets are cookie cutter, and make all summoners cookie cutter. The class defining item for summoners is their pets. It cant be that difficult to bump the damage on the other 3 pets. It would be like giving Beastlords 1 pet that does 3-5x the damage of every other pet they have and expecting them to choose something else.

And lets not forget AAs Ooze pet, Lifeburn, Tainted heals, and even Blood pact are all pretty useless right now.