Necro casting order

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Miletta, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Miletta New Member

My DPS is low compared with others. I am lvl 95 and have all master spells and fabled gear. My casting order is Soulrot, Bloodcoil, Lifetap, Soulrot. I will cast another spell while the primary spells are down.

I am hoping for some advice on a better casting order.
  2. simon021 New Member

It could easily be your gear. Just because it's fabled, doesnt mean it's top end. I was doing around 200k DPS as a fresh 95 with all the tov quests done, and through doing heroics and upgrading to the gear giving closer to 300 int and 400 stamina, and now I'm doing around 500kdps. You will see insanely huge jumps in dps with the higher tiers of fabled gear.

Also make sure you have a Focus, Ranged wand in your ranged slot, to take advantage of spell auto attack. This alone accounts for 150-200k of my 500k dps.

Soulrot > Bloodcoil > Soulrot > Lifetap > Soulrot > Blood coil > Soulrot > Lifetap > rinse repeat.

If it's a long fight, I throw the temp pet spells in the mix, or if it's a boss, I'll throw out the vampire bats and the other debuffs we get. But the basic dps rotation is pretty simple. Just try to keep soulrot up between every spell. Most of your damage will come from the spell auto attack, soulrot, and graverot.

If anyone can throw anything else in here that would help optimize dps, that would be very helpful. I am a new returning player and am just getting accustomed to things again. I played at launch for a few months, but not much since then. I still feel like I have aways to do before I'm doing the 1-1.5 million dps that I'm told necros can do at raid level.
  3. Kaberu New Member

I would get the temp pet out quicker. They do a lot of damage. Swarm for single targets and the AOE zombie for multlipes. I use both early in the fight against bosses and I try not to use Elemental Toxicity until immediately after the temp pets are out so they get the proc too (hopefully they still do).

The aoe temp dies quickly if aggro is not highly secured so just watch for that. Bloodcoil - Soulrot - appropriate temp pet/pets - E.tox - soulrot - lifetap - soulrot - etc... is a common opening for me. If I go for a lifeburn I usually go into ...Soulrot - Vampiric Orb - Soulrot - HP buff (forgot name, harvested soul ability) - consumption - Lifeburn - soulrot - lifetap - soulrot - bloodcloud - soulrot - and often times self healing after that as lifeburn is a PITA to heal this time around.
  4. Mae- Well-Known Member

My usual casting order: Rot Flesh, Bloodcoil, Soulrot (SR), Lifetap (LT), SR, dumbfire #1, SR-LT-SR, Dumbfire #2, SR-LT-SR, Soulburn, SR-LT-SR, Lifeburn.

If it's a named, I will throw in Undead Tide instead of the SR-LT-SR between the two dumbfires, especially if TW is coming (usually is when I'm in raid with my normal illy). Bats is thrown in when I need a filler when the rotation gets messed up. Basically I SR-LT-SR between each of the big spells, and prioritize the other ones. Keep Bloodcoil ticking, but don't recast too soon. Rot Flesh is pretty good and I'm enjoying this spec so far. If I was spec'd left side prestige, I'd just drop that out of rotation/priority and tap grave rot whenever I needed a filler.

ET does not work on dumbfires anymore, one of the concessions for making them worth a damn.
  5. Zelox Active Member

pre pull clickies +ET/consumption
    hp debuff/buff
    soulburn
    vampiric orb
    timewarp preparation
    undead horde
    spellbind
    blighted horde
    awaken grave
    timewarp
    rotflesh
    bloodcoil
    bats
    soulrot
    hp temps
    soulrot
    lifeburn
    soulrot
    bewild
    theurgs
    soulrot
    lifetap
    soulrot
    bloodcoil
    dagger
    soulrot
    bats
    soulrot
    lifetap
    soulrot
    (blighted horde
    awaken grave)(as soon as they recast)
    soulrot
    etc
    dont overlap bats ever
    and dont overlap your timewarped bloodcoil
  6. Busko Glads

whats your dps on average on a epic dummy Zelox ? with out using LB or charm clicky i cant seem to get higher than 1.9m that's with 501CB 530potency 21kmod 41%SDA with no illy or troub i get like 3m on encounter and 2.5 single heroic mobs/names
  7. Corv Member

Busko, that's pretty much our limit this expansion. I can't see it going much higher than that until we get more doublecast. I'm just under that at about 1.6 mil dummy, but i'm still not fully upgraded and i'm missing essence of duality.