Necro Agro Management in KA

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Occam, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I've had my necro for years but only started playing him in earnest within the past year. That's really my way of saying I'm comfortable playing the necro, but still learning.

That said, I'm having a hell of a time not pulling agro in KA heroics. Last night I got in a pug in Cabilis, and one of the other people was a brig who is in one of the major raiding guilds on our server. Since I mostly solo and pug occasionally, he was blowing me away on the parse as expected. If I did 150k on a fight, he'd usually do 300k. I beat him on the parse occasionally, but he was often doing 2-3x my dps.

On some of the nameds in Cab you end up swamped with adds, and they ALL seem to focus on me. I'd turn singular focus on, use my scout pet, and ONLY use single target spells, and I'd still draw agro from the crowd of mobs.

Aside from the obvious solution of throttling back my dps, is there something I can be doing to not pull agro so much? Poor tanks are having a tough enough time this expansion without me ripping mobs from them every fight even when I'm not topping the parse. o_O
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I am finding myself very often wishing I had another de-aggro other than bewilderment. I've tried fear, grasping bones, and a couple other things, and nothing seems to work, other than bewilderment or fully ceasing attacks from both myself and my pet. but that's only if it's not insta death upon hitting 100 on the threat tracker.

I went and got another fading adornment, putting me at something like -50, and I'm still getting aggro as well, especially when I'm in a large trash pull and even when I'm targeting through the tank. The ones I'm NOT fighting will come after me and one-shot me. Sometimes I'm like the Benny Hill show, running around in circles with a train of mobs waiting for the tank to snap aggro back. Very frustrating.

I find myself in trash pulls just kind of hitting pandemic over and over, with occasional single target spells mixed in and elemental toxicity when it's up, Rather than really trying to spam unda, detonation, blood cloud, focii, etc, since doing everything at my disposal often sprints that aggro tracker to 100, often on mobs that the tracker is not focused on, and I end up dead.

I really need to work on my tinkering and get that repair bot.
  3. Sennen Well-Known Member

Some of your AA choices can...
    • Heal you and your group. Heal aggro is strong.
    • Put a ward on you for a good amount (Again, heal aggro is strong)
    • Transfer hate from your pet to you
    Bear in mind that scouts get a lot of hate transfers and deaggros. Necromancers get 3. All 3 are AA choices, two of which in undesirable lines.
  4. Occam Well-Known Member

True, and since I solo a lot I've got my heals maximized. I'll make some adjustments and see how it goes. If that doesn't help I might have to try the Wisdom line. Gah! :confused:
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

farm wand from Trakanon for 2nd deaggro for a crutch in a clustercluck
  6. SacDaddy420 Active Member

That's only single target tho . won't help against swarms.

Sounds like your tank doesn't care enough.
  7. SacDaddy420 Active Member

Allaccess tag lol. I'm not paying you guys. not for long time.

Not until wizards are FOTM. Cuz im old, and slow.