NDA on ROK

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Bahann, Oct 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Bahann Guest

When is the NDA going to be lifted? Any dates?
  2. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

I heard NDA is lifted on Nov 12th. Like anybody cares by then. All the media reporters they let in have already violated the NDA. Makes no sense to me.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

The Media reports are from tours and not just random stuff that people found, the stuff that you see reported was Approved for release by SoE befor the reports came out. They therefor do not violate the NDA as they are obstencivly press releases by SoE.
  4. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

2 weeks before release.
  5. ARCHIVED-HeiligHangranate Guest

My money is riding on Hardain. I've been through a few expansions, and the NDA is usually lifted about two weeks before release. It's good for business, because it generates a lot of free publicity when people start posting info and screenshots in public forums. Of course, with the wildfires near San Diego, who knows whether the release will be on time?
  6. ARCHIVED-Novusod Guest

ke'la wrote:
    Once again, not true. These are not tours. Soe was just throwing beta keys at the media people so they promote the game. TenTonnHammer.com got so many free beta keys they just started giving them to random readers of their forums.
  7. ARCHIVED-Leatherneck Guest

HeiligHangranate wrote:
    Should be. It takes around 6-8 weeks for a title to go from Master to in the stores. Since we're less than that away from release, I can only believe that the master pressing has already gone to the manufacturer before the fires hit.
    Now if the manufacturer is in SD, that could be a problem, maybe.
  8. ARCHIVED-LexiThePirate Guest

Novusod wrote:
    Ugm yes, as a part of the media involved in the tours, all of the information on RoK was given the thumbs up by SOE before it was posted anywhere. It was also part of the scheduled tours, not the actual beta.
  9. ARCHIVED-KnightOfTheWord Guest

Two weeks till launch and NDA still appears to be in place.

Ah well. There's plenty to keep busy with till then.
  10. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Hardain@Runnyeye wrote:
    That would be today then....release is tentatively scheduled for release on Nov 13th....

I'm just wondering if it's possibly been rescheduled for the following week, since they lost a good 7 days due to the fires....

If they do reschedule....then it'll probably be the 27 of Nov or 4 of Dec before release...
  11. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

nda will most likely be in place until launch... the info the guys form press tours have been allowed to give out had to be approved by soe. no, there will never be an open beta. yes, the dvd's are most likely allready in production.

soe has a history in eq2 of keeping info away from the public and not letting the masses into betas.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

Hm? The nda is always lifted before release as far as i rembember and they invite masses in the last weeks/days to test server stability.
  13. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

nda always lifted before release? nah..

invite masses? they sold masses of beta spots via mag... so it remains to be seen if they will actually do random mass invites in last 2 - 3 days like for eof beta to test stability
  14. ARCHIVED-EomerFarstar Guest

I thought expansions were always done at the Texas SoE and that the San Diego office is just where everything was pushed to live servers.
    No mention of a delay so far which is good :)
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Novusod wrote:
    The Beta Keys and the Pre-view reports are two differant things. The Pre-view reports are from "Press Tours" of the game with the reporters lead around by the Noes by a dev in a Dev. Buffed invisable toon so they can see everything the devs want them to(thats how a certain DE reporter was able to crash Grimwell by trying to "Solo" a high end raid mob). The Beta keys are promo iteams given to comunity sites to give away to get more people into Phase 3(Open) Beta in this Beta they need to get alot of people in fast and they don't care if those people want to test or not as what they are thier for is to stress the code.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    The eof nda was lifted 10 days before release, kos 12 days before release and dof nda even 23 days before release-its a fact that the nda was always lifted more than one week before release. I have no numbers but imo the mass invites were much earlier than 2-3 days as well.
  17. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

Leatherneck wrote:
    SOE can put anything on a master. I don't think this is affected by progress in any way. They could even put a 20% finished RoK on there and ship that. Even with the CDs/DVDs you still have to download a lot at release. When EoF came out I wondered why I needed the DVD because I still had to download A LOT ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-Killerbee3000 Guest

Lhangion@Innovation wrote:
    eof mass invites where 3 days before launch, the ones before where given away by random, but those before do not exist with rok beta because they where sold.

and no, the eof nda was not lifted before launch.
  19. ARCHIVED-Shackleton1 Guest

Not lifting NDA before release sounded bizarre to me, so I looked it up.
    There are numerous old message board posts announcing EoF NDA being lifted, dated 4th November 2006.
    EoF was released 14th November 2006.
    EoF NDA was lifted, 10 days before release. I would expect RoK NDA to be lifted in a similar timeframe.
  20. ARCHIVED-Zarafein Guest

Killerbee3000 wrote:
    Why do you still stick to this claim when everyone can easily find out that the nda was always lifted before release?