Fixed Internally Nasty Old Bug Back, one account not recognized

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by redwoodtreesprite, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Bloodwurst New Member

It happened to me this morning when I tried logging in to Forums. I though it was odd, so i changed my password. Didn't help. I thought, Oh well, I'll just play. So I tried the launcher and can't get in the game now. Sooooo upset. i took today off work to play!
    Contessua likes this.
  2. Beth25 New Member

I can log in with a new FTP account, but not my main account. Hopefully they'll fix this today.
    Contessua likes this.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I was already logged into my account on the forums, so I can post here, BUT....whenever I hit the PLAY button I get a nasty message saying: ERROR There was an error completing your request. Please try again. This is on my lifetime account.
    Contessua likes this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

It's steadily gotten worse for me. Last night my main account was requiring I retype my password while switching toons. My alt account worked ok. This morning I couldn't log in to my main account, but could still access the alt account. It started making me type the password on character switches however. Now I can't log in to either account. Either they took something down while trying to fix it, or its a cascading failure that is getting worse.

Oddly, I can still access and post on the forums though. I wasn't expecting that.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Everyone who has posted here needs to "like" this column's first post. This issue isn't showing up on the 'most wanted' listing with only 6 votes.
    Contessua and Beth25 like this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it matters but I did like the post just in case. It's a server authentication problem, not a game error per se. I'm sure once we get to standard working hours on the west coast they will look into it. I was hoping to launch my Agents before heading in to work, but I guess, I'll just have to try to catch that up when I get home.
    Contessua and Lateana like this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

8. Eskellx New Member

Many people has one account Lateana and they can't login to either website or game. So, they can't "like" the thread...
    Contessua likes this.
  9. Hypnonaughty Member

OK I even took the suggestion of uninstalling all content from EQ2, Discord, ACT and reinstalling (These 3 programs and Firefox are only non windows installs I have on my gaming computer) with no results. Still cannot log in my premium paid account (One I have spent 1000's of dollars on over the years) BUT can log on a free to play account? And the basic response I get is: Keep being an awesome player? How can one do that when you can't even get into account to attempt it? WELCOME TO THE MOON I guess.
  10. Hypnonaughty Member

About 12 minutes left until PST "working hours" How many days, weeks, months, years, decades, centuries, millennia will it take for a mere response from DPG? Yet alone an actual fix for paid members? Downloading World of Warcraft see ya later.
    Contessua likes this.
  11. Spritely New Member

DANG DANG DANG!!!!!!
    Now my main account is not recognized!!!!!!

This is the OP, logging in on a silver/currently not subbing account. My main account just got hit with this nasty bug. I hadn't even finished doing overseers and was switching toons, and bam! Not recognized.

As I said in my opening post, this gets worse as time goes by. I expect my two minor accounts will get hit with it soon.
    Lateana, Karcabru and Contessua like this.
  12. Katzandra2 New Member

This all started around 29 hours ago for me, and though I hope I do not wish ill on any of my fellow EQ2 addicts, it is comforting to know that there are others sharing this experience. Thank you for posting. It keeps us from thinking someone hacked our accounts and stole our toons because they were of course, the most awesome toons in the game!

I had been logging onto various alts more than usual on Saturday doing some inventory management in addition to keeping up with the overseers. After the first account went down, I kept "testing" til the second account went down as well. I wonder if "testing" the login server at this time is wise?;)

Perhaps hitting the login server less for a while is best. I almost accidentally typed login sewer instead of login server -- Freudian slip?

Wouldn't it be nice to see a developer post and say they are aware of the problem and they are looking into it?

By the way.... be sure to like the first post in the thread to give our bug higher ranking!
    Contessua likes this.
  13. Hypnonaughty Member

Everyone please like the opening post of this thread if you have not already to ensure developers see it as an important issue.
    Lateana and Contessua like this.
  14. Spritely New Member

And now my third account with BoL is down. :mad:
    Contessua likes this.
  15. Stonemelter2 New Member

Just adding myself to the list. Paid account is getting "There was an error completing your request, please try again", free account has no issues.
    Contessua likes this.
  16. Contessua New Member

I put likes on everything,,, the starting one and all the other who are rowing same boat as i am.
    last night if i alted i would get kicked and have to use the app starter not laungher to get in,, i had hope that would be fixed by time i logged in today,,,, but no,,, now i cant log in at all on paid account,, same story as rest of you have,,, so im on this free account while i wait,, for a fix,,,
    Lateana and Laaw like this.
  17. dorotea1 New Member

Getting the same problems today - regular account is totally unusable either to play or to access the forums.
    Oddly enough my old account from just after launch is now available. My regular account was set up because I couldn't get to the old one. So I now have a lot of veteran /claim items available but the account has no expansions or all access or DBC other than a few hundred. And no perks from pre-orders of past expansions. So not too useful.
    Contessua likes this.
  18. Eskellx New Member

Devs are aware of the issue now, they are working on it.
    Asterix said in discord: "i sent out the information about the people that were having issues, the right people are on it now and hopefully it will be sorted out quickly"
    Contessua likes this.
  19. Laaw Well-Known Member

I gave up early yesterday hoping this would be fixed, 24 hours seemed an ample amount of time for a weekend. maybe not.
    Contessua and Katzandra2 like this.
  20. Zahra New Member

I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. Unable to log in to my paid account, but I can use free account just fine. Hopefully this is remedied soon.
    Contessua likes this.
  21. Karcabru New Member

Same here. Wrote a ticket yesterday from my 2nd accout when my first account failed to re-login. Today my 2nd account has the same issue, so I wrote another ticket from my 3rd account (last man standing) and related to yesterdays ticket and to this thread.
    Contessua likes this.