Nagafen/Venekor Merge!

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

The official announcement and all updates on the status of the merge can be found here.
    Please use this thread for any questions or discussion.
    Thank you
  2. ARCHIVED-Grugg Guest

"The Venekor server will be brought down at midnight tonight"
    Is that midnight-midnight or the noon sort of midnight? Just kidding. ;)
  3. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Grugg wrote:
    * throws stuff *
  4. ARCHIVED-Khonann Guest

guess its another full day of playing on test again...
  5. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

This thread, much like the cake, is a lie. Word on the street is the merge was canceled!

6. ARCHIVED-sawbones Guest

nice it looks like soe is going to screw us over again with more down time. are we going to get any compensation for all the down time we have had in the last week?btw we raided poao and the lag was horrible,grats on the new servers
  7. ARCHIVED-Desna_Venekor Guest

sawbones wrote:
    Cry moar.
  8. ARCHIVED-Blahbio Guest

I noticed that our venekor characters have been taken down for the merge and we can create new characters in those slots. What would happen if we had made a character while the merge is on and our venekor characters come back online? Will we lose the new character or our old one?
  9. ARCHIVED-trace42 Guest

sawbones wrote:
    Ahhhhh yes, the provebial "compensation" post. Don't worry, I'm sure your mother can afford a day or two on her credit card without being compensated.
    Thanks Kiara, for the updates. I'll stay tuned to see how the merge is unfolding.
  10. ARCHIVED-Xehx Guest

Compensation? Really? I mean...yea...sure...getting something is always nice and I for sure wouldn't complain if they threw us all something for all the downtime. But...it's not like they're doing it to be like "HAHAHAHAHA!!! Take that! More downtime for you!" They're just doing their job and trying to keep things running smoothly so that we, the players, can enjoy this fine game that we all play. If they feel that compensation is somehow in order for us, then I am sure they will grant it. If not...then oh well. And on that note...I bid you all a good night. (Making use of downtime by sleeping or doing some form of activity is highly recommended)
    PS: Hey...you guys should totally give me some awesome LoN loot cards. ;) haha jk ... Sorta... >_>
  11. ARCHIVED-Allhailnoobs Guest

Compensation should be, DELETE all characters that are/ have not logged in in more then 2 years, level 9 and under.
    might free up some space. less junk in the DB.
  12. ARCHIVED-Hilt Guest

Maybe the merge will resolve the boatload of non-toons I still see listed, but have long since deleted, on eq2players...
    One can only hope...
  13. ARCHIVED-ericstoesser89 Guest

its 2pm central here right now... status update?
  14. ARCHIVED-ericstoesser89 Guest

er its only been 3 hours, i thought it had bee 5... ooops...
  15. ARCHIVED-ericstoesser89 Guest

oi think we should have a free week, it seems like i've had downtimes a bunche this last week. and i hope this new server is all its cracked out to be, i shouldn't be lagging.
  16. ARCHIVED-slave2mywerk Guest

Zelthuius@Venekor wrote:
    Status of the merge can be found here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=461129
    There is an update from Rothgar, they had a crash.... ugh....

This thread is just to talk about it I think. :)
  17. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Hilt wrote:
    The merge probably wont have an effect on that issue. We can manually delete those character entries on our end, though. I would advise contacting support thought phone, chat, or e-mail so that we can assist you with that issue. The following link contains our contact information:
    http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bi...p?p_faqid=10404
  18. ARCHIVED-Elfrodite Guest

Was Butcherblock impacted by this after all? It is down and I don't see anything about why.
  19. ARCHIVED-Krescendo Guest

If you create new characters in the empty slots, one or more old characters will be 'pushed off the bottom of the screen'. To get them back you'll have to delete one of the characters above those pushed off.
    Its the same process as if you moved from an extra character slot all access account back to a regular account.
    That is my understanding, I have read it several times and experienced it once with regards to the going from all access back to a regular account.
    Smart folks don't take my word for anything, after all, I didn't think the merger would go smoothly either....
  20. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Please keep checking this thread for the most current updates.
    Thanks so much Rothgar for keeping everyone informed!