Nagafen in 2021

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Lea Plath, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Lea Plath Active Member

So I last played in 2016. Back then as I recall Nagafen was holding onto a clutch of Prismatic eggs but hadn't done anything in a while. Last I recall he was helping us access deathtoll so we would take out the dragons who might threaten him but he was largely unconcerned about the Ring of Scale or Kerafym. Or rather was uninvolved in our story.

So what has happenned since 2016? Have there been any developments?
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

In the summer of 2020, we were summoned back to Solusek's Eye to help defend Nagafen from a new threat. Stationed outside his domain, in the center of Lavastorm, was a legion of Sathirians, presumably sent by Drusella Sathir (wife of the late Venril). After fighting through this legion, we found Lady Najena pinned between the Sathirians and some Fire Giants and Fire Elementals who were trying to overthrow Nagafen. It was actually Najena who had summoned us, not Nagafen. With Najena's help, we defeated the usurpers and banished Scald (Nagafen's avatar while he was away). Nagafen returns (in spirit only) to thank us for our help and declare that our debt from Deathtoll is now repaid. He also names Najena as his official regent, ruling over Sol's Eye while he is away. Why he is not in Lavastorm and what he is currently up to, we don't know.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

^ all of that. Nagafen had left his lair for reasons never actually explained, so a group of efreeti noticed the power vacuum in the area and had managed to take control of Nagafen's magazine avatar that he left to protect his lair. Najena called for our aid just to help restore balance and was named Nagafen's champion for her efforts.