Mystic's in PVP.

Discussion in 'PVP Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Greeen-_-Ranger, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Greeen-_-Ranger Guest

So my next toon I have picked to try out Mystic. It seems like an amazing class and I'm loving it, pvp is non consequential on the toon since it is just going to be for raiding purposes and to help random Q groups with whatever as I level. My question is this (I've had some input already...) I was looking at my AA choices as I'm starting to get quite a few doing quests and what not, and I know alot of people are lusting over the SOW lines, which is all good, but I'm planning to buy a mount anyways, because I can put AA to better use than that...EOF or KOS? I like the increase in the effectiveness of my solo target buff, increasing hp a good bit more than any master spell of it would...plus as I dont plan on investing much in the character til 40+, its awesome to have that and not have to pay for it. So thats what I started with, after that, I'm thinking to go for making some of my skills into CA's and also increase the dps of the cold line...is this a good plan? I figure after 12 points or so into the basics of EOF i'll switch back to KOS lines...what do you guys think? Keep in mind that (obviously as it IS a mystic) this is a group toon, I'm focusing more on what I can bring to the table for a group, not so much out and about by myself.
  2. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Once a mystic gets 100% melee crits, 4-5 CAs and some other goodies, they should be very capable in solo pvp.
  3. ARCHIVED-Greeen-_-Ranger Guest

Norrsken wrote:
    Well that's reassuring, my main thing is helping a group...I suppose those fabled weapons are going to be a main part of my equipment on this character, since I usually autoattack while healing...I never pick easy battles, as I'm trying to grind to tier 7 asap and green con non heroics dont do diddly. Push the limits and reap the benefits.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zanidor Guest

[p]I play a level 19 Mystic and she does very well in PvP. Scouts are not a threat at all - lead with attack speed debuff, then put up ward. Then you can DoT and nuke until they are dead. Unfortunately, if they're smart enough to run when their health is yellow, they will get away and there is little you can do to stop them. [/p][p]Unless a Scout engages me while I'm fighting a mob they either die or run off (oranges included). Even then, they'd better hope the mob is a named and I con green or they're in big trouble! I've had a blue con scout jump my Mystic while I was chasing an orange con that I'd taken to red health. I debuffed the blue and got my ward up, when suddenly Khazad (the 22 Assassin who just loves to try to exploit every advantage to kill me) returned. With the blue debuffed, I turned my attention back to Khazad...debuffed him again, then DoT and nuke till dead. This allowed me to turn my attention back to the blue. Although my health was yellow and my power at 20%, I was still able to defeat him with ease. [/p][p]If you fight an SK, you need to make sure you always have your ward up, or that HT is REALLY going to hurt. [/p][p]Mystics are the most power efficient healers as long as you never heal (just use ward). You shouldn't care if your health goes red unless you're fighting someone with good burst DPS. Also, never refresh your ward....let it run out as it will convert to a heal. The other nice thing about Mystic's as healers is that they are tough to spot. Since we don't "heal", noob opponents will frequently not notice you. They just wail away on someone else wondering why they can't hurt them. So unless you plan to put some AA's into your pet, don't bring it out. It's extremely weak and basically announces "I'm a Mystic. Kill me first". The fact that you don't heal when you have yellow health makes your opponents usually stick around too long. I'm sure they keep thinking "He's almost dead....just a few more hits". However, with our wards, they may have 4k+ more dmg to do to finish us off. By the time they realize they're going to lose, it's often too late and they try to run. Nuke with Cold to slow them, then drop a DoT and you may be able to finish them off. [/p][p]Try to avoid clothies....they nuke for more than you can ward for, and can cast quicker than you. Coercers will drain all your power and without power, you are useless. This is why it is so important to be power efficient. Unless the fight is a gank-fest, I virtually never die as long as I have power. [/p][p]Don't join big groups unless they have a good taunter (which is rare in PvP). In a group vs group fight, you will be targetted first and our casting times are pretty much the slowest in the game. Against one opponent, you will get interrupted, but can still get ward up. Against two, it will be hard, but you can still get your spells off. Against 3, you might as well bend over and start thinking about where you'd like to respawn.[/p][p]I hope this helps and hope that you enjoy PvP with your Mystic as much as I do. I know that you mentioned that PvP is not your main goal, but you are on a PvP server and have a great PvP class so I'd recommend it![/p][p] [/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Radigazt Guest

[p]Zanidor has pretty much summed it up. Lots of people *think* that only the Druid classes are capable healing PvP'ers, but that's simply not true. Mystics, Defilers, and Inquisitors I know for a fact can solo PvP surprisingly well. It's just that without track, they can't see that x2 raid headed their way, and they get rolled a lot more often than Scouts. I don't really know about Templars for sure, but I think they can solo PvP as well using their AA's. Of the healing classes though, the Templar might be the least effective solo PvP'er. [/p][p]If there wre Tracking totems, you'd definitely see a lot more variety of the PvP toons, but alas, that's the Scout class defining trait. So, bring a scout with you and duo, heh. [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-KannaWhoopass Guest

[p]Those who understand what a mystic is and does love them in their groups they are bar none the most efficient healer. [/p][p]If you runa healing parse in a raid defilers and mystic are number 1 in healing every time. [/p][p] [/p][p]Solo PvP you are a free token .. [/p][p]Group PvP you are a good healer in 2 v 2 and 3 v 3 stellar with dpas classes in the group to compensate for weak dps from you [/p][p]the beat part of your class is it demoralizes people to unload and not see a health bar budge.[/p][p]Raid PvP you are a God !! [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Mildavyn Guest

heh, you need to think about that, and you'll see how silly the highlighted statement is. :D
  8. ARCHIVED-KannaWhoopass Guest

[p]They are [/p][p] [/p][p]Wards are used up before reactives [/p][p]IN a Raid where mobs hit for 3000+ and a 3200 ward is on the MT [/p][p]all 3200 points of healing are used. when the group ward is up all of it is used. [/p][p] If anything is left over it procs a heal for the remaining ammount. [/p][p]With many healers healing th main tank .. alot of times a healer will queue up a heal when the tank is in the yellow. Only to have the tank health put to 100% by other healers. [/p][p]100% of this heal was wasted. However the ward would stay on untill the next hit. [/p][p]Defilers and Mystics max their heal to power potential ... druids are the most heal wastefull class as most of their HoT heals never get used to their max potential .. once the MT's health hits 100% the heals are useless . [/p][p]Inquisitors fall someplace in the middle .. reactive heals are used up well vs mobs who hit slow and large ... but when rapid small hits are landing most of the reactive is not used. [/p][p]Mystic and defilers do well in both [/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-VitoR Guest

[p]I play a melee specced mystic with 74AA[/p][p]For ppl saing that a mystic cant solo pvp, well they dont know what their talking about.[/p][p]the only class ive had trouble with so far is vs Coercers.[/p][p]Brigands and bruisers are the easest to beat, vs other healing classes, its a power question, whoever has the most power and powerdraining gear will win.[/p][p] if your planing to go melee mystic, spend your AA like this:[/p][p]First unlock all the combat arts in the Combat tree, 3aa in each, there is 4 of them. Once u ahve unlocked em spend so u have a total of 20 points in that tree so u can unlock the weapon mastery at the bottom.[/p][p]When u have done that, go down the AGI line in the shamantree, spend the points like this for a start 4.4.8.4.1. once taht is complete, spend some aa in the STR line like this, 4.4.8, the 3rd one down this tree is a petbuff, wich increses your and your groups attackspeed with 16% in total (2% per aa spent)[/p][p]once your AA looks like this u will have 61% attack speed with (flowing black silksash), 100% melee critical, 5 combat arts which scales with your lvl and is stronger than your spell counterpart (never pay for a master1 attack again) Enjoy[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Radigazt Guest

Excellent post VitoR, very informative! OK, like I said earlier ... all healing classes are strong PvP'ers. Now the cat's out of the bag, let's see how many Shamen and Clerics that start popping up.
  11. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

I've actually been seeing quite a few inquisitors the last cpl of weeks. ;) And I've been getting a ton of tells on mine asking how I pull off the stuff I do with a "low dps" class. ;) Quite fun to kick peoples butts whent hey think you're ****.
  12. ARCHIVED-munos Guest

I ran into a melee spec'd defiler the other day. He was a yellow con and he wooped my swashes butt bad even though I am very twinked 41 swash and have 42 aa's. So you guys are bad@ and my hats off to you.