Mystic stat goals

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Berge, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Berge Member

What should I as a Mystic be looking to get for my stat goals? Obvious 650+ CC but should I work on CB or Pot first what should ability mod be? Thanks
  2. Arieste Well-Known Member

Have you looked up some of those top end mystics that you were asking about in your other thread? Look at their stats - that's what you should be working towards.

as far as CB/Pot, i believe for a mystic they shoudl be even. amod probably around 20k.
  3. Berge Member

Yes I did look I just wanted to see what was more priority over the other if there was anything or just get X to minimum.
  4. Arieste Well-Known Member

I posted this for a channeler a while back, but i think it should be pretty similar for a mystic: (in order of priority)

100 reuse speed
    100 casting speed
    Potency + Crit bonus as high as you can get them. Try to keep them even. No upper limit - moar = better!
    20k amod
    100 recovery (depending your connection speed, recovery may not be as important)
    200 attack speed
    125 multi-attack (then 200 MA after you fill out other stats)
    600 DPS

after that... as high Flurry and AE auto as you can manage.

I forgot about WDB, but it's kinda situational for healers anyway.
  5. Deadly Decorator Active Member

Why does the Mystic Abmod need to be so high? After a certain number of Potency and CB doesnt AbMod just become useless numbers? I've always been told that if I had 500 cb and 500 pot, then the only usable Abmod numbers would be around 15K or less. Was that wrong?

Also- I'm asking because I have a Mystic friend with 37K abmod and I am quite certain it shouldnt be THAT high, but I could be wrong...
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Your crit bonus and potency tend to go up during fights, depending on your jewelry choices and the choices of group and raid members. That has an impact on how much abmod can be useful. For example my potency is around 720, but it has reached as high as 1000 in fights due to various procs, temp adorns, scroll, ect. I am in a middle tier raiding guild, so that is without any gear that is uber.
  7. Dedith Well-Known Member

max ability mod = ((Base damage or heal) + (primary stat bonus) + (potency bonus)) / 2

In general, your primary stat (wis here) and potency will increase the usefulness of ability mod. Conveniently, the spell tooltips within game already include the primary stat bonus and your potency bonus in the damage or healing values shown. So, to find your max ability mod, basically find the highest value among the damage or healing values of your spells and divide that by two. However, having the max it not likely worth it.. see below

Made up example:

spell 1: shows 150k dmg (75k Max AM)
    spell 2: shows 200k dmg (100k Max AM)
    spell 3: shows 150k dmg (75k Max AM)
    spell 4: shows 700k dmg (350k Max AM)

In the above case, 350k is the max ability mod. However, from 100k+ to 350k, it only helps a single spell. Personally, I would not put much more then 100k on AM to cover the three spells listed above. The reforging would be better spent elsewhere above 100k AM
  8. Arieste Well-Known Member

That's 100% wrong. There is no "after a certain number of Potency". With every point of potency you get, the amount that your spells benefit from amod increases.

As far as the 500 pot & cb number, yes, 15k sounds about right for that. But for 1000 potency, it'll be a lot more.
  9. Ebofu Active Member

You'd be surprised how little Amod you actually need.

Also the more potency you get doesn't make Amod any better, it just increases the ceiling on Amod. Alternatively, the more crit bonus you have the better your Amod becomes.