My vision of Female Gi's for Monk's and Bruisers + other assorted pictures

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-Zabjade, Feb 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

[IMG]

Don't hit me for Anime style *DUCKS* :smileytongue:
    Message Edited by Zabjade on 06-24-2006 04:42 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Agena Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Morticus Guest

I like the steel toes on the Bruiser boots, very nice touch!
    :smileysurprised:

-Mort
  4. ARCHIVED-StixxliteAZ Guest

5. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

I like it.. SOE you need to put this guys/gal? on the books. :smileytongue:
  6. ARCHIVED-Star Guest

Wow those sketches are awesome. :D Good job on them.
  7. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

I actually like the anime style of some cloths it adds a good touch. I do have to say well done they look very nice. Only problem I see are the people or "Femenists" I guess they are called complaining about the clothing. Saying that the costume is considered sexist or something but they probably wouldn't pay any attention. I say go ahead devs lets see more of this sweet stuff :smileywink: .
  8. ARCHIVED-Mogthol Guest

They are great! Do us some male ones too? Pretty please?
  9. ARCHIVED-Kirotaan Guest

Yes yes make more please!
  10. ARCHIVED-geldonyetich Guest

Very Animish, but considering Anime comes from the East in which this whole Monk/Bruiserish stuff comes from, not bad. I do have to say I like the style better than the minimalist approach currently in the game. I understand monks in Norrath are supposed to be humble broke beggar types due to religious humility reasons, but that doesn't mean they have to run around wearing bandages like they're upper body gear.
  11. ARCHIVED-Untruth Guest

I doubt feminism, or even conservative people are an issue in EQII, since the games been out long enough to the point where people are willing to do anything in order to get some skin. Now, if your talking about WoW, where the strong majority of female armor consist mostly of bikini, leggings, and one hell of a platemail wedgie, thats when its going a little far. To that degree, i don't think SoE even has a problem with it, considering all the concept art for EQII, Antonia Bayle, and in EQI where there was a certain kind of pants that literally let your rear hang out. The real question is, why aren't they adding it?
    Personally i love it, having pajamas is nice and all, but the fabric might rip when a monk is doing all those kicks and stretches :smileywink:
  12. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

I love that bruiser outfit. Want it for my Barb =)
  13. ARCHIVED-Froed2004 Guest

That bruiser outfit rocks! I'd like to see that on my monk :smileyhappy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Mythilt Guest

The question is, what would it look like on the less human based races, the frogloks, Ratongas, the Kerra, and Iksar?
    Personally, I'd like to see some racial gear as well as class gear.
  15. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Designs means nothing if they were only being add for minority of people who raids with 0.1% chance of drop.

Beside not to mention, most of Gi's in game has pathetic stats completely making them useless in combat but just to show-off afk faking in QH or EF. I better have a common Gi that every monk & bruiser can have, a quest may be rather than "lewt for l33t", good stats for each tier but also casual outfit for combat, not just to show-off.

Remember a Gi only looks good in combat. Not near sea side to show to your other friends or to open you belly button, which completely opposite to monk teachings...

May be graphic art team can take some of sister game SWG, Jedi tunics for how real religious fighters can be instead of equalising monk = disco girl, beach boy for everyone.

Message Edited by selch on 02-22-200605:47 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-ranger1 Guest

Id love to see the devs take some of this and run with it. it may actually start a wave of player created clothing and armour. Wouldnt that be awsome? :smileyvery-happy:
  17. ARCHIVED-x0rtrunks Guest

Selch man, take a rest.

As for the sketches. L O V E
  18. ARCHIVED-Nerwen Guest

As a monk myself, I don't know that I would agree with this statement. I believe it depends on what sort of fighting you are doing.

Personally, I belong to a small guild and spend most of my time duoing with my husband, who plays a templar. I have attended a total of one raid with my monk, and was not the main tank at that time. My husband and I have had a great deal of success in everything we have tried - so much so that it has surprised me. At level 32, particularly when duoing with my husband, I can tank pretty much any blue, white, or yellow conning mob (there are some exceptions, of course.) If I wish to solo, I am limited to ^^ at the very most, and some ^^ are too tough for me, but there are many that I can tank without too much trouble.

My gear has looked something like this:
    If I hadn't had the blood-drenched banked from my previous monk, I would probably be wearing my AQ's straight through to my 50's. As it is, I plan to wear the blood-drenched through to my 50's, then upgrade to Rujarkin and Ashen Order.

In short:

In the course of my career, I have worn 5 gis. While it is not to be denied that I could have found tunics with superior stats to the gis, I have had absolutely no trouble tanking anything that was even reasonable within my level. Furthermore, a better tunic, taken by itself, would not have enabled me to tank anything my gi did not allow me to tank anyway. If I cannot tank the orange ^^^ in my gi, I also will not be able to tank the orange ^^^ in a better tunic.

Gis are not just to show off, and they work fine for adventuring in. I admit that they probably would not be suitable to be the main tank in a raid, but as I doubt I will ever pursue that role, it is not a problem for me.

But we certainly need more gis! Way, way more gis!

I love the picture - any chance of posting more?

Jen 8)

PS. If you do any more in this series, I would love to see a monk with wrapped fists. My favorite type of weapons are called "fist wraps" which have always made me envision a fighter with their hands wrapped in strips of cloth....

Jen 8)
  19. ARCHIVED-Tiderius Guest

I hope you get a PM soon telling you that they'd like to see your resume.

Good stuff.
  20. ARCHIVED-PhozFate Guest

PLEASE SOE, This esp goes out to the art department and MG who PLAYS A BRUISER. Give the brawlers the look that we want. At lvl 1 we start out in Gis. At lvl 60 there is 1 GI worth wearing and atm there is 2 people on my server that have it cause its so hard to get. I'm not saying make that Gi easy to get. Those people earned it. Hire this person they have great ideas.