My Thoughts On Warlock

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-OrdoAbChao, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Nele Guest

My friend Rodentor is also a ratonga warlock, sorry :smileyhappy:
  2. ARCHIVED-Eldrin Guest

<-- Gnome Warlock. We have the back up Ankle bite ability incase of resists.
  3. ARCHIVED-chaosangel Guest

erm, wizzy here, also have an sk and brigand but mainly wizzy
    what ya all say about ur so fubar spell that are so better then wizzy ones, heres sumetin to get ya grounded:
    WE GET EXACTLY THE SAME! only diffrence, ours are elemental, urs are poison/disease, we aöö even get most spells at same levels(ie. high dmg nuke 23), not much of a difference in spell lines

and why the heck should ratongas be rare casters? they have quite high int, a gnome bruiser, that rare! i know 2!!! them both real crazy, when you ever see a gnome bruiser, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
  4. ARCHIVED-Drragonfly Guest

Well I have to say I love my lvl 24 Woodelf Warlock. I wanted to be different and even though I start off with less int I dont believe it mattered much. With the de-buff spells and upgrade drops we can easily cause some serious damage to mobs.

Zilnea

24 Warlock
    20 Alchemist
  5. ARCHIVED-Prenna Guest

Gnome heading for warlock tonight. I chose Confusing Babble as my racial skill so I could decrease hate. I dont group much so when i do group I tend to steal aggro a bit so it's good to have a hate reducer.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mephlich Guest

I choose pitiful plea on my rotonga sum, best choice you will ever make :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Jequan Guest

I second this. It can be a life saver. Too bad it gets interrupted easily. Still the best choice you can make IMO.
  8. ARCHIVED-Spenczar Guest

did u ever out aggro a wizard?
  9. ARCHIVED-Spenczar Guest

did u ever out aggro a wizard?
  10. ARCHIVED-Gonzag Guest

I'm a Wizard and I can say the damage of Warlocks and Wizards are extremely similar if not equals.

I was with a Warlock of exactly the same level as mine. I had spoken to this guy before and we had about the same level for our spells, adpet 1 for the most of them, especially our DD's. This was before Dark Distortion was changed. We spent a long time together hunting mobs, single group mobs^^. I was surprised that the Warlock draws aggro on him almost every time, it's why I noticed the fact and remember well. So I tried to give the best and maximise my dps to outdamage the Warlock without saying it to him. And the truth is that sometimes I draw aggro on me but the Warlock draws aggro more often than I did. So I came to the conclusion that dps of Warlocks and Wizards could probably not be more equals.

So have fun with your Warlock, you're AS GOOD AS WIZARDS, no less no more.
    Message Edited by Gonzag on 12-19-2004 05:36 AM
    Message Edited by Gonzag on 12-19-2004 02:22 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-OrdoAbChao Guest

No, we're better...
  12. ARCHIVED-tennjed Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Nele Guest

Yes people aren't even understanding our agro either (heck even I have a hard time understanding it). I was grouped with others and hardly nuked at all and still agro'ed. Then they would tell me not to nuke so much (one tank even told me wait 20 seconds between nukes) lol

So I did and it took 5 minutes to kill something and then they said to nuke more.
  14. ARCHIVED-GrimmeHF Guest

fyi absolute most common race class combo has been dark elf necro for a very long time. I think because the dark elves look great, and.. well, its the signature delf class.

No, I don't have one, but every random survey I've seen about it comes to the same conclusion.

- Ratonga 17 sorc future warlock
  15. ARCHIVED-Braxs Guest

I'm totally getting sick of tanks telling me how to play. I draw aggro. It's a fact. Their job isn't to nuke it's to taunt. Do your job Tank, taunt, and get off my back. I mean 3 mobs and my neg absolution does well over 300hp damage. I need to be casting that spell. It'd take a tank all day to do 300 damage at level 20.
  16. ARCHIVED-Yunkster Guest

Just created my sorc the other night and am closing in on my subclass quest. Thanks for all the info, this discussion was just what I needed to help me choose it.

Gnome going warlock!!

I love the class, my groups are loving my dd. I've had the tanks getting jealous of the dmg I brought and everyone was also appreciating the roots which would save our group over and over again allowing us to take on those larger gnoll groups. Properly outfitted, I was tanking much of the time because the fighter couldn't hold the aggro, which didn't bother me too much since the mobs dropped fast enough. :)