My Settings Got Completely Reset!?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sssantaclawz, Nov 1, 2023.

1. Sssantaclawz New Member

I went to log in today and when I booted up it had me set my default keyboard layout and was in fullscreen, when I went to settings everything was different, darqui wasn't loaded it was completely foreign looking to me. And everything is so tiny, I have 0 clue how to go back or what the heck happened. How do I scale my UI back to what it was?! Everything's out of place because the scaling pushed it around. Chat's broken so I can't ask there, but my stuff was scaled so it looked good on my 4k resolution and now it's been so long since I changed it I can't remember how to scale it back.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Evilary Well-Known Member

I usually match my resolution of my desktop background. I'm not sure if that is what you had done. Either way, go into settings, EQ2 button, options, display, performance, and you should be able to adjust your resolution and performance profile to something you like. I don't know why you lost your settings and I don't know how to restore them but this should help some. Using load_uisettings might load the positions of the various windows like chat in game as well.
  3. Sssantaclawz New Member

Fixed the tiny scaling issue, somehow the reset got my compatibility settings for the .exes too. Had to re-establish the override on the dpi settings of the system with the .exes. Still have no clue why my settings went to default and the game acted like I just installed it but fixed the tiny scaling.
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

Weird, I've never had that happen except when I move from on PC to another. I do understand it can be quite a pain though.
    Twyla likes this.