My sarnak, can't start in gorowyn?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by LeapingLizard76, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Kraeref Well-Known Member

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/476742278919

Nope. Definitely a sarnak. Here is the link. Check the tab Spells. One was lvl 9 and called Enduring Breath. Second lvl 23 is called Ferocity of the Eel. Both abilities.

May be it was granted only to sarnak furys. Not sure. I remember I started on a bank of an ocean and had to fish and do some swimming for questing.
  2. Mozil Active Member

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Enduring_Breath - A spell given to all priest classes.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Ferocity_of_the_Eel - A spell also given to all priest classes, though the name is different for each class.

So yes, those are class spells and starting in Gorowyn had nothing to do with either one. :)
  3. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Edit- Dang it Mozil beat me to it. Though I would point out they are listed as abilities on EQ2U because there is no ranking (apprentice, journeyman etc.) and therefore no rare, as no upgrade is available. A racial ability would be under the characters ability tab in their spellbook and not spells.

Also Mozil if ever you are on Everfrost look me up and I will make you a fizzlepop of your choice for the jinx there.
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Aha. Me gots confused then when I created an SK sarnak many years later. And still DLW is not a very appropriate place IMHO for a huge sarnak to run around :p
  5. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

I don't know about all races, but I only roll Fae (yeah, I'm a freak) and I've started several through there. So I think all races can start in Gorowyn because it's considered neutral, like Halas, not evil.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Only good toons can start in New Halas. Only evil toons can start in Gorowyn... but neither city will attack toons of the 'opposite' alignment.
  7. Charlice Well-Known Member

I just rolled ... another fae, and I could only choose between Halas and Greater Fay. One of the first quests I did was to get her the hell out of there, and move her to Qeynos.
    I'm a freak too, I love my winged girls.
    Torvaldr likes this.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Hey I love my scaled creatures.
  9. VeilShard Active Member

That seems so strange to me that as a Sarnak you can't start in TD, I actually really enjoy that quest line and despite a bit more running around which is very easy due to the griffons. Maybe I am in a minority for this and an oldschooler but I've always liked the old zones even more, antonica, commonlands, nek, thundering steppes and the outlying newbie zones around the cities because they don't just hold your hand from one hub to the next. Sometimes you find a quest on a rock, dropped off a body, and in random places and it's great because sometimes you just happen upon one you never did before. Sure it's slower this way but I've never been interested in end game and preferred the journey. I wish there was more of this!
    With our newest characters my husband and I skipped all the newbie zones and decided to do the quests in the freeport areas like sunken city, etc.. I gotta say they are a lot more interesting then many of the other newbie areas and teach you about what's happening in freeport like the different guilds and gangs and the politics involved. Who would even do these quests normally unless you played years ago when they were important to the game? It's a shame there wasn't a single other person in any of these zones and nothing guiding you or giving the option of doing them. The armor could easily be updated here so its usable.

So yeah when I hear you can't start in Gfay or Gorowyn as a new player because it's not streamlined enough, (I thought they were quite straight forward actually!) that's quite shocking to me and it's a shame players are being funneled through the quickest way and missing all the little details that eq2 has
  10. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Yes, you're right. I remembered wrong because it had been a long time. I started in Kelethin and then traveled to Gorowyn first thing. Sorry about that.
  11. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Yeah, sorry, as Mermut pointed out I was wrong. I have done a couple characters in Kelethin, and a couple in each of the other good or neutral areas. Each of them has something I like. I wouldn't want to be totally stuck in Kelethin that's for sure.
  12. Rotherian Well-Known Member

It is only for the first character on a given account. Any other characters may choose from Neriak or TD (if evil) or from New Halas or Kelethin (if good). I suspect that the reason for this is merely to avoid scaring potential players off (especially if those players are coming here from another game without as much depth).