My router disconnects when I hit play now

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-VixiVZ, Apr 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-VixiVZ Guest

I think I solved the issue about not being able to log in on patch days, but now after I patch and hit play it immediately disconnects me from my router. I am on wifi at home. I just hit play and suddenly no internet. This is pretty strange.
  2. ARCHIVED-VixiVZ Guest

This is still hapening everyday. Anyone know why? I patch launcher, I hit play button then I am immediately knocked off the router.
  3. ARCHIVED-VixiVZ Guest

Okay, now today it pre-loads assets at exactly 50.7% then disconnects me immediately from the router. This is happening over and over again at least 4-5 times in a row.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gazrath Guest

Hi Jexi!!
    I was having the exact same problem today and scoured the forums until I found this solution to another Launchpad issue. It worked perfectly for me.
    The process I've had to use:
    1. Start the launchpad.
    2. Log in to my account. It'll start preloading if it's set to streaming.
    3. Go into Advanced Tools, Select Game Version and check the full-download checkbox. It'll still be preloading after this.
    4. Exit the launchpad.
    5. Go into my game folder and delete the "assetcache", "cache", "fixedassets" and "logincache-us" folders. DO NOT delete LaunchPad.ini or any of the LP executables or libraries.
    6. Start the launchpad again.
    7. Log in to my account.
    8. Now everything should be OK and the launchapd should not be preloading assets.
    9. Enter the game (character select should be OK), go into Options and look for a Streaming tab. If it's present, check on it to make sure the background download checkbox is not checked. If it was checked, uncheck it and exit and reenter the game.
    See you in Norrath!
    Gazrath ix'Qizin, Heartless Reptile
  5. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Gazrath wrote:
    Gazrath! Appreciate the info my friend! If the instructions above do not fix your problem, then please submit a support ticket so we can further assist you.