My Launcher doesn't work

Discussion in 'Connection Support' started by ARCHIVED-Risker, Sep 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

We are experiencing a problem with the network provider. Our ops guys are working the problem.
    -dan
  2. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

This should be resolved now. Could one of you confirm?
    -dan
  3. ARCHIVED-Noveske83 Guest

No longer hanging, however I am getting an "Unable to contact login server. Please try again later." message.
  4. ARCHIVED-Noveske83 Guest

Noveske83 wrote:
    Disregard, reinstalling the EQ2E launcher fixed it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lenar Guest

DanKinney wrote:
    I'm in game.
  6. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Denkigroove Guest

i believe i have same problem. still doesnt work.
  8. ARCHIVED-DanKinney Guest

Denkigroove...If you are still having a problem, then it is certainly not the same problem that has been discussed in this thread.
    What are you seeing?
    -dan
  9. ARCHIVED-Mortilent Guest

I have run the launcher in admin mode, uninstalled it/repaired(3 times). And just sits at the main screen and does and does nothing. I'm also on Vista. Also my firewall is NOT blocking outgoing transmissions either so that is not the problem.
  10. ARCHIVED-Athoras Guest

11. ARCHIVED-bogamn Guest

23:48pm PST
    I'm still having launchpad issues. As of the update this morning I haven't been able to launch the game. It would get stuck on the SOE logo. I restarted, downloaded the patcher from the official website. I uninstalled the launcher from add/remote programs and restarted, ran the patcher, and got the same issue.
    I then made a backup of my SOE folder and uninstalled the game and launcher. Afterwards, on initial launch I was able to enter my credentials. Midway through it got hung up so I closed it and re-opened it and now getting the SOE logo again.
    I'm in New Zealand and SOE was closed by an hour so haven't been able to call in.
    Windows 7 Home Premium
  12. ARCHIVED-Kiryalis Guest

I'm having same problems...using Station Launcher and it says it's launching then just defaults back to the "launch game" click box within a few seconds...very frustrating.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kiryalis Guest

14. ARCHIVED-Nick2008 Guest

Have not had a problem until recently. I ran the desktop shortcut for eq2 and it ran an update. I was then stuck at the SOE screen. Any thoughts or ideas?
  15. ARCHIVED-Kaneyaugustus1 Guest

I just experienced the same problem. I posted in the general tech thread. Hopefully they can tell us how to fix it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Nick2008 Guest

That would be great I tried even following previous things like renaming files and such. None of that worked for me
  17. ARCHIVED-Daerwain Guest

I have the same problem, yesterday all work perfekt, today only the launcher start with the soe logo.
    A new installation bring just the same effekt.
  18. ARCHIVED-Elric Guest

Looks like this problem is happening again... Loaded fine before yesterday, but ever since I cannot get the launcher to ever go past the SOE logo (black screen). I've been running the game with the EQ2 exe file directly, but obviously that will only work until next patch.
  19. ARCHIVED-Taylor Guest

I still have the problem (EQ2E) . I start the luncher than i get the black screen whit SOE logo.
    I try 8 times repair/reinstall the luncher but nothing changed......
  20. ARCHIVED-Efess Guest

Same problem with me with the launcher. Except I can't run everquest2.exe directly because the game crashes soon as it loads. I already tried disabling firewall, virus protection, ran launcher as administrator, logged in as administrator, restarted my comp with anti-virus and firewall disabled, re-installed a new launcher, isntalled the eq2 live stream launcher, deleted the old launcher and download the game from scratch.

Its been 10+ minutes staring at the SOE logo from the launcher.