My First Signature

Discussion in 'Signatures' started by ARCHIVED-TiRenard, May 9, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-TiRenard Guest

yeahhh it worked.
    This is my first Sig.
    I know I asked some of you about Sigs but come to find out I had all the stuff on my computer and I thought I give it a try...
    Here is what I made.
    Please feel free and let me know what i can improve.... I am still figuring out how to do the animiation stuff
    thank you
  2. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

WOW, thats beautiful, I wish my first one looked that good. LOL Only thing I can honestly say, is the same thing I have been told a couple times, and have to work on~~~The font colors blend in with the background making it difficult to read~~~Its a beautiful tag, just a little hard to read the text. Might try adding a stroke to it, to help isolate the lettering of the font. I recently found that a nice 1-2pt. stroke can really make a HUGE difference on the outcome of your lettering, altho its not always an upgrade if you know what I mean. Anyways, take it for what it is, I'm still learning myself.
  3. ARCHIVED-TiRenard Guest

Thank you so much. Did take your advise and added a stroke to that. It looks way better. Again Thank you.
    If anybody has any other suggestions please let me know. I am still learning and there are may things i do not know yet
  4. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

may want to adjust your sig HTML, the link doesn't appear to be working
  5. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

That's great for a first try!
    Here are my thoughts -- as always, take everything with a grain of salt:
    A nice image can always use a nice frame. :D Adding a border will add a bit of polish and help delineate your sig from the objects around it. You can use a simple colored line or get a bit fancier and use brushes or 3D effects. Whatever you choose, you have to be careful to make sure it enhances your sig and doesn't detract from it or distract the viewer from the lovely content it contains. :)
    Be very careful about using non-original artwork! Many, many artists online are really cracking down on copyright infringement -- we're talking lawsuits here -- so be sure that the original artist has given their permission for their artwork to be used. If you're not sure, it's better to be safe than sorry...you can often find something similar elsewhere online -- or better yet, find a tutorial that will help you to unleash your own creativity.
    Also, take care to resize your images proportionally when arranging them on your canvas -- look for ways to "lock aspect ratio" or "constrain proportions" when using your graphics program's Resize function. In my personal opinion, "squished" images tend to make a sig look very "thrown together" and amateurish.
    Again, just my opinion, your mileage may vary, etc. :) Keep practicing! :D
  6. ARCHIVED-MzMonday Guest

Looks like I missed it, there isn't a working link in your signature and there isn't one in the original post.
  7. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

This is the image I'm seeing in Foxii's sig block:
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-bellemort Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    hmm....for some reason I'm just seeing the "this image of video has been moved or deleted" box!!! but thats just absolutely beautiful like I said before, and adding the stroke to the text really made a HUGE difference on the text, much easier to clearly make out. much kudos
  9. ARCHIVED-Xwolf Guest

Just seeing if my first Sig works
  10. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Xwolf wrote:
    We have a separate testing thread stickied at the top of the forum. :)