My experiences so far as a 57 Warden on the Beta server

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Ravenmist, Aug 24, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

To be honest I haven't even taken a glance at my pre 40ish spells. My experiences really only start at 50 and go from there. :( Maybe a lower level Warden on beta would be nice enough to post thier experiences so far.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

If my tree got moved from 50 to 60 (and i'm still not sure where that person heard that) I would cry.. and cry some more. And yeah, it would hurt us to loose it, but if ours gets moved to 60 that means the others loose a really nice healing ability too and we're all worse off but still pretty even, heh.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

What about halfies tasting gud? :)
    Seriously tho, I don't think its that bad. We need some work, mostly in the buff department, but after that and some few general fixes that have things screwed up for most people on beta right now, I think we'll be okay. Maybe not the top of the food chain anymore, but other people would need a telescope to see it in most situations. Are times it becomes more obvious, but thats not usually the case.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

Almost forgot, sorry about not getting those spells posted last night. Someone else posted a bunch of app1 versions of things. I'm still going to try and get my Adept1's posted from 50-57 since those will give you a much better idea of what a spell does then an app1 does. I tried to get the screenshots this morning but the beta server didn't feel like cooperating. :(
  7. ARCHIVED-SniperKitty Guest

Sounds good, but I'd like to see the tree made into a treant that follows us around. The tree is only going to push people into camping in a single spot outdoors and chain pulling to that spot. Which is a bad thing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shennron Guest

The duration of the tree is only 1 min so I doubt that I would be camping while using it. It should only take 1 min to kill an encounter while in a group and the recast timer is 1 min as well so you can still be very manuverable.
    I try to think of this spell more as a group HoT that lasts for 1 min then a stationary boosted HP regen.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

Yeah, thats pretty accurate. I use them all the time while dungeon crawling even. Most fights against a tough mob last close to a minute, some very tough mobs may last more obviously. So its pretty easy to cast this once per fight, move to next fight, cast again etc.
  10. ARCHIVED-yesmyhubby'sagamer Guest

Raven, I gotta say thanks. I really am glad to see someone posting good stuff about the expansion. All I keep hearing on these boards is "our heals are getting nerfed! our heals are getting nerfed!" But you bring up a great point when you mention everyone else's heals are that way too pretty much (cept maybe furies, who needed a boost lol). I'm confident now that we'll have our spot in groups and raids, thanks.
    BTW since you brought it up a couple of times, what do you see as the biggest problems with our buffs? Thanks for your time.
  11. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

Concentration issues, the fact that you can only have 3 group buffs up at a time and no wolf form now. Buffs that have no business using concentration do now so you can't even use them (the instinct line, water breathing, etc) Wolf form using 3 concentration is insane considering its our trademark spell for the most part and its not even a very good buff now.
    Duststorm is almost worthless... basically in general the buffing situation is complete crap. Every time i look at my buffs i get depressed again. :p
  12. ARCHIVED-missconstrue Guest

i am a 50 warden on beta and agree for the most part. i do think they need to increase our regen time on the lower level spells. they are 14 sec and with the lower healing amounts and loss of hot's wardens should have longer regen times. also agree that the buffs are weak and need work. i really want them to let me be a wolf and if it takes three spots no warden will use it. also thorns and primal and tq on only one player not good. for the most part the tree and the wolves are the best part. the group cures look like they are going to be nerfed to. we will get the choice of upgrades to master level but at the expense of group cures. we are still a viable class but looks like not the best healer. as for raids i have done a couple and we get hurt more than the other healers. i think due to lowered avoidance and our light armor. we go into battle in armor that gives little protection.. i am hoping for improvrments in buffs and if we are lucky avoidance increased to help with stuns qnd getting hit so often.
  13. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Just for some random facts:

A beta-buffed (insta-50 with handcrafted gear) character casting Duststorm while in combat and remaining in combat casting no other spells expends 47% power on duststorm alone over 3 minutes. That's approximately 750 power lost solely to maintaining that single buff (in addition to power that would have been regenerated during those 3 minutes), which also roots the caster in place and has a range of an amazing 7.5 meters.

Yeah, Duststorm has been nerfed. Hard.
  14. ARCHIVED-ThePhoniex Guest

Exacally, and defense is no longer the primary determining factor of being hit so... dust storm really is useless. I guess it will go on my 9th hotbar along with the first 9 water breathing spells we got ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Arathon Guest

One piece of bad news about the tree is that it got nerfed pretty hard with the latest priest changes. Besides the fact that its broken now and doesnt heal after the initial heal ( i assume this is a bug), the amount healed has been decreased significantly. Prior to the latest changes it did in the 120-130 range per tick, after an initial heal of 120-130. With the revamp it gives an INITIAL tick now of only 49 health. I would assume that all subsequent ticks are supposed to be the same, but currently thats the only heal you get from it. Ive bugged it. So basically its been cut by about a third from pre priest update yesterday.

Arathania
  16. ARCHIVED-JDragon Guest

And that is what happens when other Priests whine... :smileysad:
  17. ARCHIVED-ThePhoniex Guest

Called it, and it was just far too easy to call, out by a mile as it were. I really don't understand why developers can't put out SUCKY spells and then empower them. Why they think that priests healing for 5 million hitpoints might be balanced, so lets try that. Then they realize, nope not balanced when your next highest heal is about 1k. Start small work up, this leaves you space to UPGRADE the spell in the furture if its too weak and not used. And it stops nerfs! I mean its perfectly reasonable to say this month/live update we are looking at "these" spells for "these" archtypes to try to make sure they are balanced. I mean for all the big bold letters saying "these changes are not final". Just giving us a heads-up at what is being looked at, seems oh so simple.
  18. ARCHIVED-Code2501 Guest

Given that: (Ravenmist)
    If my tree got moved from 50 to 60 (and i'm still not sure where that person heard that) I would cry.. and cry some more. And yeah, it would hurt us to loose it, but if ours gets moved to 60 that means the others loose a really nice healing ability too and we're all worse off but still pretty even, heh.

and: (Arathon)
    One piece of bad news about the tree is that it got nerfed pretty hard with the latest priest changes. Besides the fact that its broken now and doesnt heal after the initial heal ( i assume this is a bug), the amount healed has been decreased significantly. Prior to the latest changes it did in the 120-130 range per tick, after an initial heal of 120-130. With the revamp it gives an INITIAL tick now of only 49 health. I would assume that all subsequent ticks are supposed to be the same, but currently thats the only heal you get from it. Ive bugged it. So basically its been cut by about a third from pre priest update yesterday.

Would it be fair to say that yes, we will hurt a bit, and yet the other priests still get to keep there super nice lvl 50 heals?
    /sigh
    Im resigned to acepting that this thing is simply not gunna end up good for my lil warden. whatever hope they give us the'll stealth nerf on the night of the live update and let us find out ourselves.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ravenmist Guest

If our healing abilities hadn't just gotten a nice boost a few days ago then yeah, we'd be in serious pain right now without the tree. 49 health at app1 is a huge hit to our tree, but get that up to adept 3 and your probably in the 100ish range again.
    The tree is by far the most powerful new spell among the priests or at least it was. (and to think we had people badmouthing it, lol) Well in the condition we where in pre-tree nerf we needed that extra power from the tree pretty bad. But at the same time our tree got broken and nerfed, we got our other heals improved. So overall we're in better shape now in most ways.
    Still hopin they'll fix our tree and it won't be nerfed as bad as its lookin it is.. but even if it is, these babies stack and work raid Wide.. even at 50 hp a tick per second they would still be [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] nice to have around. :)
  20. ARCHIVED-Khaleel Guest

If it hasn't been said so already, though I'm sure it has, thank you Ravenmist and Caerwyn for posting here and looking out for our class in beta. You guys are fantastic :) Hopefully if you and any other warden's in beta are /bugging the broken tree every day then it gets fixed before release. I dont mind a tree that is balanced healing wise, but one that doesn't work - well not so good :)
    K
    Marwan, Freeport Based 50 Warden, <Enlightened Dark>, Unrest