My Casting Order Calculator

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-JenoJeno, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

Created this through out the week to see how my casting order was to a "mathimatically" sound casting order...

This is what I discovered:
    www.kungfupig.com/castorder
    Pretty interesting :) there is a tiny flaw where it casts crystal blast back to back a few times, thats , what i can assume is my spells capping out and nothing remaining to cast, so I added a script in such a situtation that will -.005 seconds from all the spells, until one is available again. If you guys like it enough, i'll make it so you can plug in your spells damages and it will calculate your order :)

Enjoy guys!
  2. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

I don't know what criteras were used to determine this cast order, but I can see quite a few things that make next to no sense there. For example, casting Ice Storm instead of Crystal Blast when the latter is available makes no s ense to me, unless you were on a large (i.e. more than 3 targets) encounter. Also, Elemental Blast this early in a fight can quite likely result in your pet ripping aggro (I assume here that almost everything up to Winds of Velious was precast).
  3. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

the elemental blast was set to cast 20 seconds into the fight, this can change... usually 15-20 seconds into a fight EB is fine for me.
    as for the crystal blast thing, i dont see what you are refering to, ice storm is ALWAYS cast after crystal blast.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Oonej@Nagafen wrote:
    A lot of those spells are actually pre-cast, so right now EB would be only 12 secs into the fight.
    At 17.06 you should be casting Crystal Blast instead of Torrent.
  5. ARCHIVED-JenoJeno Guest

hmm, i'll recheck my process logic for the cast order.
    I think its "autochecking" any spell available. at the early stages. thanks for the heads up.

This is just a little project i tried to practice programming :) so, bare with me while i make some changes and tweek it to perfection
  6. ARCHIVED-Woetohice Guest

Not sure if this is true or not, but I believe everything up to the EB cast is a run-through of all spells in effeciency order. Then after that it's whatever is most efficient and available at that moment.
  7. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Question: Is this calculator programmed to always allow DoT's to run full course before recast?

Question: Does this calculator take a buff like Harmonization into account?

Question: Is this calculator assuming any certain AA spec? (It appears to assume WoV is fully AA'ed)

Comment: I would love to see a front end put on this so each Conjuror could use this with their own spell values plugged in.