My 2 cents

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tynker, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Tynker New Member

I just wanted to say... that since the latest updates... it has been obvious that the XP rates have been slowed down significantly. I have noticed that the vitality still goes down just as fast as even.. but the XP rates have been dropped killing many of the good zones for grinding. Did I mention I dont enjoy grinding? This drop has also been seen on doing the quest lines as well...
    Personally... I think it sux!
    Like I said.. just my 2 cents.. you can agree.. or disagree.. doesnt change my opinion... Just discourages me to go play as much as I like to.
  2. SteelPiston Active Member

92 to 95 seems a slow go, but considering you need millions of xp for those levels, it's to be expected. I would guess that it probably takes as much xp to get from 94 to 95 as it does from 1 to 50. It's tough at the top.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

It doesn't if you group in skyshrine.

I've never experienced 3 levels go so fast.

If you're mentored to 80 killing in Sebilis, then yea, it's slow. But go to skyshrine, even as a duo (don't use mercs, they eat the xp) and you're there in 2-4 hrs depending on how quickly you can kill stuff.
  4. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

I don't know. I took a break after last expansion and re-subbed two Fridays ago. Took a few hours each day from Friday until Tuesday to get from 92-95 totally solo, doing only the signature quest and Advanced Solo instances. Also, my Vitality for some reason never dropped below 95% and regenerated faster than I could use it.

I guess 5 days for three levels didn't seem that bad to me after having played at launch, when it took considerably longer to level. Bear in mind, "Vitality" wasn't even a known factor at release. Only after everyone noticed vast differences in experience gains did developers admit to there being a system in place to help those who didn't play as often.

TLDR: Think of experience as a byproduct to having fun and Vitality as a bonus to help you catch up after taking a break.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Soloing xp is low. Grouping xp is much higher then it was before CoE... as long as you get on the hate list, you get as much xp as if you soloed the mob..