Music in AOM.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Vasco, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Vasco Active Member

Are there any? I haven't not heard a single score since I've landed on the new Isle of Refuge.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

This thread seems to indicate that it is there. I haven't heard it, but that is because I keep my music volume off (so I don't expect to hear it).
  3. Vasco Active Member

Thank you. That's strange that mine is not working.
  4. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, are you not hearing music only in those zones? Or are you not hearing music regardless of the zone?

If it is the former, then I suggest that you move the contents of ..\EverQuest II\music\zones\_exp11 into a different directory (aka folder - and you can even make a temp folder inside the _exp11 folder to store the files) then load up the patcher and Validate Game Assets (which you can do by clicking the Advanced Tools button and then selecting Validate Game Assets - both indicated below).

[IMG]

If it is the latter, you may want to check whether the combination of your Master Volume slider setting and your Music Volume slider setting is causing the music to not be audible. If you have the Master Volume setting low enough (but still above off), it will cause music not to be audible if the slider is not above a certain threshold (which is also above off).

Hope that helps.
  5. Vasco Active Member

Thank you for the help, but the problem has been rectified. I had to do a full game download. Apparently I was missing 17 gigs worth of music files. Now, it's time to enjoy some good musical score.
  6. Naneeje Well-Known Member

and the music in this game is some of the best I have ever heard.

I personally can do homework all night leaving a toon in Kelethin and just let it play.