Moving - should I hire a decorator?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Wulfgyr, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Hi all!

I must say, I am truly impressed at what decorators are able to accomplish, and stand in awe of the portfolio of work y'all have put together. Maybe one day, I'll be capable of more than my current "splat and drag" approach! :p In the meantime, I think I might be interested in retaining the services of a dedicated decorator on the Skyfire server.
    My current house is the Isle of Refuge, and is somewhat haphazardly decorated in "Nights of the Dead" fashion. I'm preparing to move to the Sanctus Seru Promenade, and it is definitely more of a project than I'm capable of handling. Things that I'm looking for:

• Dedicated crafting area
      • I've got all the crafting tables, as well as the "forge" multi-table
      • Will be trying to get the Frostfell tables later today.
      • I have two fuel depots, four storage depots for tradeskill components, and an adornment depot
    • Transportation hub
      • Bookcase for Myrist
      • BoL collector's edition teleport pad
      • A couple other locations, like the Void Palace, etc.
      • Portal's to my Freeport Alt's houses (yes, those are barren too *shudder* I use them only as way stations)
    • "Lounge" space
      • <Rocinante> is just me and my alts at the moment, but I'm considering opening up recruitment to anyone that wants a place to "hide out" on an alt, without having to worry about raiding or having to help run people through content, etc. Would be nice to have a spot to hang out in that looks nice, when organizing bags or chatting.
      • I have several bags full of items across multiple characters with all sorts of.... well, "stuff."
    • Trophy room
      • I've got a large number of Lore & Legend weapons on my two primary characters
      • Space for my growing collection of beastie trophies, like Venril Sathir's head, Leviathan's tentacle, etc.
    • Library space / room
      • A place for all the Lore & Legend books and quest reward type stuff
      • Can be part of, or co-located with another area like the lounge or trophy room.
    • Outdoor stable area
      • For some of the more interesting mounts (less than 10-12) I've accumulated.
    • (Optional)Night of the Dead and Frostfell themes
      • To be saved as a starting point for next year's holiday season.
      • Maybe Heroes' Fest as well, though I concentrated mainly on the Anniversary dragons to "catch up" after returning from my long break.
    If this sounds interesting to you, please let me know - and suggestions here are of course, welcome!! If I need to rush and buy Frostfell items, please let me know and I'll stock up. I am of course prepared to pay for the time and effort required! I'm also perfectly happy if you'd like to enter it in various decorating contests, as long as full credit for the work goes to the decorator(s) in question (Daybreak - you should add a "decorator" tag to player housing that recognizes the decorator's contribution - perhaps with constraints on changing it, too!)

Best,
    Wulfy & Myst
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I don't have the expac yet (I'll wait 'til September for that ;->), so I'm not sure if I could even get into your house, but I do have a level 100 Carpy there. :)

I'll see what I can do toward offering advice, but there are far, far better decorators out there than I have ever done. ;->

Holler if you need help making those Frostfell tables! :)
    I have a couple of casual guilds myself along those lines; my EQ2U message for the one on Maj'Dul just says that we're primarily a crafting/decorating guild, and that we don't raid or even hit instances much. Fair warning to those that check us out there! ;->
    What I've noticed from Heroes' Festival is that there's not an awful lot of house items, certainly not compared to other holidays (the lack of recipe books could be an issue there)...unless there's house item goodies to buy with the "spend way too long trying to kill a stupid patchwork thing" coins? Tried that once, hated it, never again. :-/

I might suggest putting the Heroes' stuff in your trophy room/library space/lounge area; the Tapestry and Eggs would be great souvenirs, and the Globe would certainly be appropriate in a place like that. :)

What I've done for things like the house swaps is name the house for publication something like, "Uwk's FF Place ~ by Quiarrah" or whatever will fit on the name line. :)

It's the best we've got for now. I LOVE that the devs have now given us a Search function for the Leaderboards; I just hope it wasn't responsible for our portals not working currently in our houses. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Breanna and Wulfgyr like this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Thanks Uwk!! I was able to get the complete set of Frostfell tables done on two toons last night. Going to try for 100 in TS levels today, so I can finally see the library- maybe someday I’ll get around to using the baubles from CD and BoL- probably on alts, lol!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats! :D

Hope I helped with the advice! :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Wulfgyr like this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm on Skyfire and Quiarrah on Sky is the only one who has everythoing (mostly) including BoL (and I succeeded in finishing the timeline as well!)
    So if you still are looking for a decorator. . . I can help you.
    Wulfgyr and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Thanks Quiarrah! I'm definitely still looking for a decorator. I'll try and link up with you this evening or tomorrow - I'm on PST, if that helps.

I'll also try and find a few minutes to log in and add you to the permissions. It's still completely empty, but you'll be able to look around as much as you like. Would it help if I "dumped" a few bags of stuff into a moving crate for you to go through?

Thanks again,
    Wulf & Myst
    (House is under Wulfgyr, Qeynos aligned)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yes it would. The more stuff you have that you want in the house the better. Tonight was our D&D night but I should be on tomorrow night.
  8. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Sounds good! I've added you to the permissions list, and there's a moving crate with a little over 500 items near the zone-in point. I can probably add another 100 or so items that are scattered across my alt's bankspace. I don't have any blocks in there, since I've never had a nice enough place to use them before. I do have the Sanctus Seru furniture recipe book, and can make whatever is needed from there, along with (I think) a complete set of Frostfell and Nights of the Dead books. Or I'll provide ingredients, depending on your preference.

Hope your D&D session was illithid free and full of tavern good-times!
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.