Moving/positioning miving crate.

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lemont, May 2, 2013.

1. Lemont New Member

Whenever I go to move my moving crate. My cursor simply disappears along with the crate. I just hit esc and it moves back to where it was, but am unable to move it to a convenient place. This is in the court of the master. All other items work fine. Any advice? Is this a known bug or just me being dumb.
  2. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Mind taking a video it? It'll help us get a better picture of what's going on.
  3. Morg Well-Known Member

It moves to never never land, I've had it happen to me as well in thurgadin house. Only way I got it fixed was by doing a /petition in game and a kindly gm repositioned it for me as it was getting ported either into a wall or below the floor. Good luck and hope it gets fixed quickly for you!
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's related to the OPs issue, but in a house at 1 Freedom Road in Freeport I have a similar issue. When I place an item from my inventory it works just fine, but if I try to move it after (without first putting it back in my inventory) the item and my cursor basically disappear (I can see the item at certain angles, but never in a "legal" place where it can be placed). It can be rather frustrating! I do not know if it's related, but the "six-room house" can hold 800 non-book items and actually has more like 12 rooms (I play a ratonga and a gnome as mains. We don't need huge rooms!)
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

I'd do what Morg did and submit a support a ticket to a gm as well. Keep us posted :)
  6. Morg Well-Known Member

I sent the below statement to Svenone, then decided others might have this same issue so will post my answer here as well.

I have had that happen to me as well. However, what happens to me is it take the item Off screen and the curser with it. Hit escape and it will move back into position. Lots and lots of times in different houses, you will have to either pack the item into the moving crate, or pick it up into your inventory.
    One thing I've been playing with recently (since they added Pitch and Roll) is the in game house editor. Hit ctrl e and then left click the item, a wheel looking thing comes up with all your choices, I have found this to help TREMENDOUSLY with the disappearing items off screen issue! As well as for tilting pillows heh.
  7. Sweeetie New Member

Hi I am having the same problem in the Antonica T3 GH, (Edge of Insanity, Splitpaw server). I tried to move the moving crate to another location so i can start decorating and the moving crate just wouldn't be placed, it kept disappearing from my cursor, and when i pressed esc, it returned back to its original position. And then I once had the moving crate in mid-air, on the end of my cursor (and it wasn't settling back onto the floor, kept disappearing from the cursor) and i accidently clicked my mouse and now I have lost the moving crate completely :(
    I have tried packing away the items (ps - not all items, non amenitiy stuff, pack away, i still had couple items out of the crate despite clicking the 'pack all' away button) and still cannot find moving crate.
    I also couldn't find this 'retrieve moving crate' button people was telling me about (does it exist?) on default UI so the crate can be reset to default position.
    Please help me, I find it really handy having the moving crate next to me when decorating :) (saves me bringing up the house menu every 2 secs to place something.)
    ps - On another note as a suggestion - please can we have a search function on the moving crate?, I have hundreds of housing items in the GH crate and having to scroll through all them items to get to the one I want can get tiresome :)
    Thanks!
  8. Morg Well-Known Member

Hello Sweeetie, as far as I know there is NO button to retrieve the moving crate.
    I tried emptying mine out, then adding something in to see it, wouldn't work. This is something a GM needs to help you with. If you can submit a petition either in game or on the forums.