Moving house itms around

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden, Feb 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

[p] [/p][p]I am having a very hard time hanging a chandelier from the ceiling or a tapestry on the wall. When I first started the game, I didn't have such a problem. I don't know what has changed. Can someone help me? Is there something in mouse controls that I can change to make moving and placing items easier? [/p][p]Currently, I'll choose place from the drop down list while item is in inventory. It comes out stuck to the cursor but as soon as I move my mouse up towards the ceiling the item disappears from the cursor. Eventually I find it again some place I don't want it to be. The problem with tapestries is the same. I can only get them a little more than half way up the wall and then they disappear. I sometimes can get them hanging from the ceiling but choosing the spot I want to hang from is almost impossible. The item is usually blinked out and I only get a glimpse of it now and then as I move the cursor around. [/p][p]Does mouse sensativity have something to do with this? I have problems both in first person and third person. [/p][p]Can someone tell me how the game control should be set to optimize ease of moving items around in the game. [/p][p] [/p][p]Thank you.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

Are you doing this in a Qeynos three room house? If so, there is a bug with the first floor room and nothing can be placed on its ceiling or at the topmost point of its walls. No way of fixing it sadly. Something to do with collision I would imagine but there had been no sign of interest in fixing this from the devs. :(
  3. ARCHIVED-Karlen Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    Does this apply to all houses that have multiple floors? I have one of the big houses in South Qeynos (it has 4 floors) and I can't place anything in any ceiling except in the attic. It would appear that perhaps the rule is that you cannot place anything in a ceiling that has a room above it?
  4. ARCHIVED-MW2K2 Guest

It's possible but I wouldn't call it a rule since Kelethin housing doesn't have this problem and i'm not sure about Freeport housing. It could just be with the Qeynos houses.
  5. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Snowdonia@Runnyeye wrote:
    [p] I'm in a SQ three story house. Thanks for the explanation. I won't waste any more time trying to hang things there. I'll have to have all floor lamps:) [/p][p] [/p]