Moving EQ2 from Vista32 to Vista64 (not installing)

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-GoatSlave, May 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-GoatSlave Guest

Hello to all.

I have never used any 64bit OS, but now that I finished building my new gaming rig I have 4 GIG of RAM and would like to use it all.

I currently play on VISTA32 OS but I did not install the game on it.
    This is what I did:

On my old computer I moved the whole Sony folder to a backup drive.
    On the new PC once I installed the fresh Vista32 OS and I moved the Sony folder from my backup drive my Applications drive. Game works just fine.

Would the same procedure work with a 64bit OS, or will I be forced to do a fresh EQ2 install and then patch for 5 hours?

I hope someone has done just the same thing and can let me know.

TIA
  2. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

GoatSlave wrote:
    Should work without a problem, have done that a number of times when I shifted hardware.
  3. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

Yes, I did a similar thing from XP 32bit to Vista 64 bit.

I would also suggest downloading and installing the launcher as this will reset all the shortcuts and registry settings. Just make sure you point it at the copied EQ2 folder.

There's a thread on it somewhere in this forum IIRC.
  4. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Errolflynn@Befallen wrote:
    That's correct.

You can copy most of the files over so you don't have to download them all again. You will still want to run the installer through though, since it will update a few registry keys the game needs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

TSR-DanielH wrote:
    What registry entires is it using? I installed the game from the cd's on the release date and have migrated it to 6 different upgraded machines by the copy of the network method. Did a search in regedit and don;t see anything.