Movement Speed is slower than others

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Trynbuy, Mar 16, 2022.

1. Trynbuy Member

my Speed is 166% but I move slow everybody moves right pass me.
    my mount is Lavendra the Furious. But it does not matter what mount I am on I still move slow.
    Why !!!!!!!
    thanks
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Do you have your character set to walk instead of run?
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Trynbuy Member

how do i check that and set it
  4. Taled Well-Known Member

Typically the default is.. shift-r? I think.

There is a button in your knowledge book under abilities for 'walk / run' as well that you can use.
  5. Trynbuy Member

did that still speed is slow
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be over in Gameplay Discussion?
  7. Trynbuy Member

No right here. This is where GM told me to post it
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

I had to pop on to double check; I can't think of any reason for you to actually be moving slowly if you're really at 166% unless you're walking or crouching.

If you actually aren't in walk, try jumping to make sure you aren't crouching and then you *should* be running full speed...

(Note that *most* mounts don't actually let you crouch, so I assumed this wouldn't be an issue, but you never know I guess.)
  9. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Perhaps I've misunderstood. I thought you were saying that your 166% run speed was slow -- which it is if everyone else is doing 200% plus. So to clarify -- does your run speed actually say 166% when you're in "slow" mode?
  10. Trynbuy Member

11. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

So are you saying you aren't moving through the zone as fast as others or your animation isn't playing at overclocked speed?
    We put a cap on how fast the animation will cycle.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  12. Trynbuy Member

but others are moving faster than me just going right past me
    not moving through the zone as fast as others.
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

ok Thanks for info.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Jinksie Well-Known Member

Are you a class that comes with a pet? Could the pet be fighting something, which will slow you down? Or do you have aggro on something that has not quite reached you yet?
  15. Trynbuy Member

no pet just all by myself
  16. Taled Well-Known Member

Is this happening after you were in combat?

Auto attack - especially ranged auto - has a habit of staying turned on in certain circumstances, so it's still *possible* you're flagged as 'in combat'.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

But when that happens your run speed is actually reported as being 5% or 10% or whatever it is when you're in combat, which is why I asked whether it still says 166%.

I guess the other question for the OP, is how slow? Is it like walk speed/combat speed, so everyone else is going like 5x as fast as you, or just a bit slower than everyone else? Are you in a group, when you notice this? If so, have you asked the other guys what their run speed is?
    Twyla likes this.
  18. Aethos Well-Known Member

Key question, when you DO do the run/walk toggle, does your speed change? Because it should.
    Twyla likes this.