Mounts.....

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-EQIIgamer, Mar 3, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-EQIIgamer Guest

[p]OMG I want a Drog from EQ1..... what ever happened to those buggers?[/p][p]Would be awesome new mount IMO[/p][p]/wipe up drool[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-azcandace Guest

when you say drog I think of droag lol anyway you could post up a pic?
  3. ARCHIVED-Carcophan Guest

They were called 'Drogmors' and came with the LoY expansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Kneemin@Nagafen wrote:
    Hell no!

Those were stupid and ugly lizardish mounts that came with the Legend of Ykesha expansion. I think I remember you could get em from Odus, like on a dock or something.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[p]You got them from the lighthouse in the Islands of Gunthak, which are far south of the Feerrott. People always think that the Gunthak Islands are part of Odus.[/p][p] [/p][p] My oppinion: I hope those Drogmors are extinct.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Oh, it looked so much like odus.

i hope they're extinct as well :)
  7. ARCHIVED-Katanari Guest

[p]Aww I miss my Drogmor :( [/p][p]I liked my little lizard mount :)[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

[p]Theri coming in GU33 didnt you read? Look...[/p][p]GAME UPDATE 33[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-ChildofHate Guest

[p] lol, you're a goof...[/p][p]As for the drogs... dont really see what the big deal is about them returning or not. Some thought they were ugly, some didnt... The fae are awful, yet they are here... infecting everything. ;-) j/k [/p][p]I do think an alternate choice to the rugs and horses would be nice. Maybe something a little more in line with the individual races. For instance, one of the loading screens shows a rhino as a mount. That would be perfect for Ogres. Polar bears would be perfect for barbarians. Gnomes maybe have some sort of clockwork spider. Humans... well, they aren't special. they get horses. :lol: Iksar maybe use some sort of lizard mount similar to what they used in EQ1 as their beastlord pets.[/p][p]I am sur the list can go on. But NO FLYING MOUNTS. Period. Griffon towers are MORE THEN ADEQUATE.[/p][p]Anyway, this is all wishful thinking. I dont forsee anything like this ever happening. But it's nice to dream.[/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Losstarot Guest

I couldn't agree more with you two :thumbup: I hated those things :twisted:
  11. ARCHIVED-Billfnclark Guest

I thought the drogmors were pretty cool looking for large, evil races like ogres and trolls. The main game play advantage to them that I can remember was that in first person view they didn't block your view like the horse did. I'd like to see race specific mounts...or something more than horses and carpets, like said above. I've wanted the rhino for a long time...I think this stems from my days of playing Donkey Kong Country. Elephant I think would be a win/win situation. Take a small race, like the halfling....Either you have a HUGE elephant with a tiny halfling, which is comical, or a tiny halfling on a TINY elephant, which is even more comical. Elephants would be the best thing to happen to this game.
  12. ARCHIVED-Frayo Guest

[p]I would love to see these lizards come back, especially with new graphics and such. Certainly couldn't be worse than the horses. And as mentioned above it would be fitting for Ogre's, Trolls, etc. to have a mount that might just be able to support them. I never could imagine a horse fighting back enough when the troll got hungry like a Drog would.[/p][p]And can we give carpets .. Fae Glide now please? I go off a cliff on my carpet and I die from falling .. errrr .. ok.[/p][p]Also good with above idea, I think Elephant's would be very cool... though would be tough in banks.[/p][p]Personally I'd like to have mounts that could float a little further above the ground, maybe not freeflight but at least like a griffin's level in nek forest.[/p][p]Just some thoughts...[/p][p] [/p][p]Cheers! [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-iceriven2 Guest

honestly like anything but a horse. tons of things out there just a matter of soe wanting to spend the money and time to design the skeletons and such which atm it looks like they are not
  14. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

The Rhino would be nothing but a perfect mount for Ogre's and Trolls......also me.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

For those of you who dont know, these are the Drogmor mounts... Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 As you can all see, they are ugly as hell. They remind me of that blue thing that came out of the closet, the one that those grandma ladies thought were a dog in the movie Evolution.
  16. ARCHIVED-zaun2 Guest

I miss my drogmor from EQ1, mainly because that lizard could run insanely fast. Its also an Everquest-unique mount. No other fantasy or MMO has that type or archetype of mount. Similar with the magic carpets. I've not seen them in any game, so they are also unique to EQ2. Elephants are cool, but a pseudo-elephant-thingy is available as an alternative mount in WoW. Perhaps a clockwork spider? It is different enough to not look like a WoW gnome mechano-strider rip-off, but yet still fit perfectly in EQ2's context. Lastly, I agree with previous posters about flying mounts. If they are implemented, they should be done in a very limited basis, perhaps used in an instance which is truly 3D. A true 3D instance (where dungeon passageways can split going up and down) hasn't been done since the days of Descent and Freespace. It would be truly unique in a MMO.
  17. ARCHIVED-EQIIgamer Guest

Its nice to see a lot of people remember them... Yes it is a like it or don't like it thing, but so was PvP.... I think they look cool as hell IMO and would be a neat addition for new mounts that wouldn't require too much graphics work since they already have the base models from EQ1.