Mount gear for BL

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Bhayar, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Looking for advice from active BLs about mount gear...What would be the optimum gear for each slot. Thnx for any help you can lend.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

On second thought, forget it. That would require recipes and patterns to drop to be able to do it.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Adept Active Member

My experience is mount gear recipe books seem to be pretty common, a waste really because patterns are very uncommon. Hmm other than the voidpiercer stuff I have a vague memory that the better recipes suffer the same need for inordinate amount of uncommon lunar materials, not that it matters since .. no patterns.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's the thing. Rate of recipe drops is all part of the fiasco known as RNG. I put a Sambata hackamore pattern in our loot channel shared by a number of guilds and asked if anyone could make. Reply I heard---don't have the book. Try getting Sacracium (sp) recipe books. Some do drop frequently, but a fair number of them have been invisible since the launch.
  5. Bludd Well-Known Member

and you need a lot of the uncommon lunar material which requires breaking down mastercrafted gear which requires at least 2 rares

its not good and its not fun
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Don't sweat which set you have. Lots of people can make the Voidpiercer's tack. Start by getting enough Voidpiercer Bardings of Health to get you up around 400K health so you won't be dead on the floor.

As your other gear gets better, you can swap to more Potency bardings instead.

The other bits of tack, do the best with what you can find. The best way to figure out which things you want to hunt for is to go to EQ2 Wire's Item Search and in the name look for Barding, or Reins, or Stirrups, etc. That will let you see everything that's been discovered.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

if you use refined rares to make potency bardings you get 10% more
    Observing, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

LOL...I know. All my potency bardings use refined. Been doing that for a while.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

True, but those rares fall frequently, especially when you're doing Researcher missions on several toons. Doesn't take long to collect them when there's nothing worthwhile for a Tailor to make. Refine those babies down, thank you very much. The only downside to that is breaking down the items one at a time. What a pita.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

ROFL...Sig, I have close to 400 millions hps. Was just trying to figure out if there was optimal setup for mount pieces because it's one thing to experiment with setups, it's quite another when patterns/recipe books are virtually non-existent, so you have to improvise with what you've got. And don't get me started on damn patterns not being able to be tossed in harvest box or stack, for crying out loud. /rant off
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah it feels like a punitive mechanic
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's because it is, haha.
    Dude likes this.