Most Weapons/Armor going Attuneable on Test

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-stfields, Feb 15, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Proudfoot Guest

The Attune change will be for player-crafted weapons/armor. That's all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Southern Guest

That means that crafters are still at a disadvantage, take jewelry for example, i dont think anyone uses t4 or t5 jewelry with better dropped/quest pieces. Making 90-100% of all items, crafted ( finished products) and dropped, would make lvling up somethin like jewelry worthwhile.

I'm all for attuned items across the board, if someone can come up with a good reason why it would be bad, i'll gladly listen.

Krace

Unrest
  3. ARCHIVED-SGTChan Guest

Attuned items across the board is bad mojo..

PRO's (making all crafted / dropped attuneable)

*Crafter Christmas basically open season for crafters to supply the masses with their goods (read CON's tho)

CON's (against dropped / all crafter items attunable)

*Item availabilty will be non-existant with all the gear being useable by one person, there is no recirculation when the item is out dated. Thus a much smaller selection on the brokers.

*Need or Greed type looting will be a thing of the past... everyone will 'need' that item that sells for 2pp on the brokers now

*Already established crafters (or guilds) will set market prices for all other crafters to follow them (of course at attractive prices (insert sarcasm here)).

*Prices for drops and crafted items will litterally sky rocket (see crafter Christmas above)

*May add more money to the system after a while, example: item dropps, no one needs, SoE already said the items will help re-coup the cost so (I am guessing) that the buy back will be several gold for mid level items, that as it is now sell for 1 gold or less (commin drops)

Just my thrown together thoughts while I'm on my lunch break

Chandalen

Message Edited by SGTChan on 02-16-2005 03:18 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-stfields Guest

I'm 99.9% sure that this is just for crafted weapons/armor/items and not dropped. The drop tables for mobs/masters are already set up with some attuenable items, the ones they don't want recirculated.

I'll take those odds, 1000:1 on 1plat if you got the cash to pony up. These changes will affect almost all weapons/armor. But, wait a few hours for these changes to go to Test and we'll know for certain.

You might not believe it, but this is a win-win for adventurers and crafters alike. Currently, most mob dropped items are better than player crafted. Since each mob dropped item can't recirculate, if you decide to sell it, it will fetch more coin than it does now. Outfitters/Jewelers/Woodworkers have more of a market now. They won't be resigned to losing coin while leveling, if they do things right.

If artisans have coin to buy the nice mob dropped items, that means that adventurers now have coin to upgrade their stuff as well.

Edit: Oh, thanks for the 5 stars guys :)
    Message Edited by stfields on 02-16-2005 05:34 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Edyil Guest

Just an FYI for those interested:
    The Overseer has an equal opportunity to drop the Firwood Baton, Firwood bow, Steel spear and Pladdium Ring. Back in the day, we killed him about 20 times. We got around an equal drop of all of them.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yusonge Guest

This is by far one of the worse things they oculd have done. All its going to do is make [FAAR-NERFED!] sure i never buy a player made item again for i cant pass it on to my alts.
  7. ARCHIVED-MoonglumHMV Guest

but you can sell it back to the NPC merchants to recoup some of the cost, making the cost of the next item you buy for your alt cost 1/2 as much...I can see both sides to the argument, but I feel that it will balance things out for crafters...to what extent, who knows until it's tested and live for a while...
  8. ARCHIVED-Jezekiell Guest

SS taken today from the test server.

[IMG]
    Message Edited by Jezekiell on 02-16-2005 04:18 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-RadricTycho Guest

The patch notes today say that most armor and weapons will be attunable. It makes no mention of the word crafter. Can anyone verify this?
    Edit: Ah thanks J. So my suspicions were correct. Almost all gear looted and crafted will be attunable. Awesome, I think it needed to be this way. All or nothing, no sense in screwing over the crafters.
    Message Edited by RadricTycho on 02-16-2005 10:20 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Need Guest

From the new notes, it doesn't seem to be player made items only. I think it said most equipment.. everything.. drop, quest, player made...

- Most equipment must now be attuned before it provides any benefit. This is likely to affect items currently being worn by your character.
    - Wearing gear that is not attuned will display a warning message in your Inventory window.
    - If you wish to attune everything your character is wearing, you can type the "/attune_equip all" command. This will only affect items currently being worn.
    - Until you attune your gear, IT WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY PROTECTION WHICH MEANS YOU MAY DIE HORRIBLY. Please remember to attune your gear!
    - Items that have been attuned cannot be sold or traded to other players, but they can be sold to NPC merchants.
  11. ARCHIVED-Need Guest

Thanks, Jezekiell. None of those items in the screenshot is player made. So it is confirmed that almost EVERYTHING is Attuneable now. Heh. :p
  12. ARCHIVED-Slives Wolfrunner Guest

It would be a poor move on SOE's part if only the crafted gear is made attunable.

If there are still dropped items out there that of more or less equal stats that are not attunable, they would kill the market.

Why buy a sheild for your fighter from a craftsman that he attunes and is the only one that can use, if there is a dropped shield that you can buy that the fighter could use and then pass down to another guildie or alt characater?

It really needs to be most items are attunable, or set so most dropped items are attunable, while only some of the crafted stuff is.

Slives
  13. ARCHIVED-Harpax Guest

Heh.. why don't they just called it "Bind on Equip" :p
  14. ARCHIVED-Yusonge Guest

Ok so it is dropped and player made. Still is [FAAR-NERFED!] to do. On one char i lvl pretty fast because i try to keep up with guildies. Guess what? I will not buy the best for him cause in a few days it will be useless. So now i will play him substandard. another char that i take my time with it might not impact as much for he takes longer to get out of lvls. Now the fast lvling guy will be wearing crappy gear for as long as possible because god knows i cant make the money fast enought to change out armor every couple of days. If they want us to have to trash and rebuy new armor every few days like this them by god they need to allow me to have some cash and get it easier. The arguement that when you get higher it will flow in easier cant work because i cant get higher for not being able to afford armor.
  15. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

I agree it should be done but I dont see it as a win/win situation... costs are going to go up... and make it harder for those of us who dont make large quantities of cash via crafting to suffer from the inflation... all my income comes from loot... so I am capped on how much I can earn based on the loot I can get... instead of harvesting then making then selling ... put that together with even MORE money coming to the crafters based simply on the fact that items expire giving them repeat business.. and crafters will win far more than loot-income based players will..
  16. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Well I'll respectfully disagree about it being better for the game.
    Think about the mob loot tables, think about where people hunt, think about how RARE stuff is.
    Then think about the rich people and their alts who will effectively set the market up so high for stuff (its high now) that a LOT of items in this game will become instantly unreachable to the majority of the people.
    I've been searching for two weeks for some lvl 20ish gloves for my alt, two weeks, paying 10gp per (the other stuff for the set goes for maybe a gold) and I can't find them. Its that hard and they aren't attuneable. If they were I'd never, ever, never find them unless they dropped for my group and I won them.
    Think about the attuneable items in the game right now.
    Master chest drops and rares (and a few other things).
    Now think about how much stuff your character and your five best friends has from a master chest.
    Nothing?
    It won't be that drastic but it will be crazy.
    This effectively means you have to hope to either be in a group to loot the item you need, or hope that someone was in a group earlier that found it and didn't need it :|
    With scouts wearing light armor, with people wearing something for one or two lvls just so its orange, etc etc.
    Making everything attuneable sucks.
    I'm just glad Gage is already outfitted how I want.
    Message Edited by Gage-Mikel on 02-16-2005 09:26 AM
  17. ARCHIVED-Aija Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Need Guest

Oh yeah, they are changing the existing items as well. So if you are level 29, 39 right now, you want to hurry up and level to the next tier before the patch. That way you could sell your old armors and weapons without attuning them. ;)
  19. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Sure it will, it is now a race to horde the good stuff because it will become a lot more valuable after the patch and things start rapidly going out of the economy... reduce supply but keep demand the same and the price will go up... basic economics... so now we are going to see people who figure this out speculating on loot and equipment.
  20. ARCHIVED-Coterei Guest

I'm still mostly undecided about this issue, while I can see the benefit to the crafters, I can also see a huge detriment to players. On my server tier 2 items sell for about 50sp each, and tier 3 items costing between 75sp and 1.5gp. It's pretty [FAAR-NERFED!] expensive to buy anything on my server for your level.

Now with my 19 bard in a really good night I can make 30sp, I can make 2 levels a night as well, meaning that I will not make enough money in one night to buy one of my new skills, let alone both. The only reason why my bard has decent armor is because my monk is also a tailor, the only reason I'll be able to have decent armor when he becomes a troubador is because my warden is an armorsmith.

Now conversely, my monk, who can harvest, can make in a lucky night 1gp, so at least he can buy himself a new skill when he levels, on average though in a 4 hour playing window I make about 45sp, in an extremly lucky weekend I can make 10 - 20 gold selling rares from tier 2. Does this mean I should have to be a resource harvester with all my characters just to make enough cash to get by? I shouldn't have to, but it seems that pretty soon I'll need to be.

Currently the reuse market drives down the prices of new crafted items to a reasonable level, I can find deals that my bard can afford to buy if I look often enough, even with selling back to a merchant though, it's going to be hard to afford new gear for lower levels.

The biggest reason for this is crafters are simply too greedy, this is going to lead to people buying money offline, just to afford to be able to equip their characters, or force them to be greedy when lottoing in a group, in the end it's going to destroy the server economy. You really need the second hand market to keep crafters honest.