most Lag Forgiving Class?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Dielace, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Dielace New Member

Been away awhile so looking for a thought on an optimal new toon/heroic toon upgrade choice for my situation. I frequently have to try playing on a satellite internet connection and am trying to figure out the most forgiving class to play with a high latency. (Not factoring in mercs) I tend to mostly solo when I do get on.

Currently have the following characters

85 Dark Elf Defiler
    78 Dark Elf Shadowknight
    48 Dark Elf Assassin
    41 Dark Elf Defiler
    36 Half Elf Inquisitor
    31 Dark Elf Bruiser
    30 Freeblood Beastlord
    30 Dark Elf Necromancer
    26 Human Berserker
    23 Dark Elf Ranger
    21 Freeblood Inquisitor
    20 Freeblood Paladin
    18 Arasai Guardian
    17 Half Elf Wizard
    13 Human Brigand
    10 Barbarian Templar
    10 Dark Elf Fury

Looking do 2 of them as Heroics upgrades. Not really interested in playing a chanter or bard tho as I probably won't be raiding on them. My SK is good on a high Lat connection but as you can see at level 78 not a very reasonable candidate for a heroic upgrade. I had been thinking Necro and Beastlord as solid choices what are your thoughts?
  2. Mozil Active Member

I find pet classes to generally be the sturdiest and most forgiving. Especially the necro, who in comparison to my (admittedly lower level) beastlord has all kinds of AAs and stuff that make the pet sturdier and healed more frequently. You may want to concentrate on the tanky pet more than the mage, I know people say mage is better for raw damage but I prefer my fighter pet for aggro-grabbing and taking hits for me. The AA that heals your pet every time you use a support-type spell is amazing.

Necro can also feign death with a 100% success rate if you hit some really bad lag and get in trouble, and a lot of their strengths are in damage over time and debuffing which seems like it would be friendlier to slower clicks than classes who are essentially contributing nothing but auto-attacks if they're not mashing a button at any given moment.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I adore my 95 necro and my 95 SK both...then again I really am evil...very very evil :)
  4. Dielace New Member

K thanx guys. You have helped me to decide what toon on my main account is getting the free upgrade. Had 3 accounts since back around the last 2 years that SWG was running so went Defiler for 3rd account and going necro on the main account. Probably going to go Inq or Templar on the secondary account's free 85 to add to my 78 SK. I really enjoy my assassin and beastlord when on a good connection. But both of them are little rough on a laggy connection.
  5. Thand Well-Known Member

welcome to the world of satellite. I have been playing a few years on satellite and it has its downsides. For solo to duo any class will be fine, i prefer my monk . For raiding = yes raiding I find the only classes i can contribute meanly are pet classes. I raid using a Conjuror my self though any Range class would work, Melee Dps or tanking does not work as well cause of mob positional issues.Though i have successfully tanked a few heroics on my Monk as long as the group knows to give you a little time to get agro

For conjurer most fo your dps is from your pet anyways. Now the thing you have to remember is eq2 has a HUGE command que. On you screen the mob you are fighting might have been dead 3 minutes ago(no Joke) but along as you kept pressing you sequences they will all go through,
    Also using a pet class in lag that bad occctionaly press you key to resummon you pet and to pet heal even if it seems fine on your screen. What i like to occcationaly do a Emote like smile or grin to give me a since of how far behind my Commands are fromw hat i see going on screen. Btw feel lucky is a raise goes threw as the raise was probly timed out before you got the click box on your screen. Another problem you will run into even in heroics is rolling for loot

. For any item you need confirmation for which is about ANY no trade or hierloom item. You the Confirm button can time out before you actualy get to click it thus denying you a role unless you group is wiling to wait till your saturation clears. Also Voice chat is Not time delayed like what you see on screen so that helps. when they say the fight it over type i am ready then Nothing else till i am ready shows on your screen. Then it is safe to roll along as no new combat occurred around you.