More tokens for moonlight enchantments please :)

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Alanducar, May 18, 2013.

1. Alanducar Active Member

I saw this posted on another topic but i felt that it was necessary to put a request in in another thread so that devs might see it. I think with the increase of new items that it might be time to add 1 or more tokens to the quest components since most people even after hard work can't usually afford everything that is available due to limited time and only 1 token per quest turn in. This isn't me whining, i don't mind if this doesn't change but i thought it might be something worth bringing up because there might be a few folks out there like me who feel it might be time for a currency increase. Maybe if we have enough people in agreement there could be a change. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and i thought i might start the squeaking lol.
  2. Shanyssa New Member

Why would you need more when you can already go to the Brownie Grotto one and make all the root beer for as many tokens as you want? I usually go in, get the quest, and then gather up at least a stack of each the roots and fungus, then go brew brew brew til it's all gone. Add a progress potion in there and you can really whip thru some ;)
  3. Alanducar Active Member

Yeah that's true enough, i am simply voicing an idea i saw a few people had in other forum posts and wanted to see what form of response i might get from the homeshow folks on here and see if its a valid issue. I'm more than aware of the idea of using progress potions and i do that myself but i don't have a large abundance of them. At any rate it was a thought to see if the forum was warm to the idea or if its simply just another avenue that doesn't need exploring :)
  4. Athenia Well-Known Member

It'd be nice for sure. This latest update introduced 23 new items - that's a lot of new stuff to pack into such a limited event along with all the other items! I don't think one extra token would hurt. I still don't think one could get all they wanted even with a 1-token increase. It'd just help lighten the load a bit!
    Shamus9 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When they introduced a mere 19 new items for the Spring "line," they gave us an extra day for it all; that's another option... ;->

Uwk
    Shamus9 and Cyliena like this.
  6. Alanducar Active Member

Hmmm......an extra day sounds like it would be cool as well. I know i spent all 3 days doing the brewing but it felt like i was still a tad shy on the amount of tokens i wanted to buy more. I dunno it just felt like i didn't get enough. Maybe because i don't have many of the potions of progress laying around and readily available.
  7. grlnxtdr Active Member

Iwould still like them to add more Grottos, with more item options. I'd Like to see a Sinking Sands based grotto, and Maybe an Underwater Grotto! The SS grotto could have desert plants, various Lizard Plushies, and they could move the Sand Tiles here (Or make new ones). And an Under water grotto could have things like Seaweeds, flowering Water Lilies, unique fish and sea creatures, and of course new Shiny Quests for Both!
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool idea, but where would the underwater grotto be? I hope it would still be accessible for the under-90, non-AoD/DoV/CoE-owning crowd... ;->

Uwk
    Shamus9 likes this.
  9. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I agree with the token increase request. I can't stand the mindless grind making root beer and the brownie grotto is dark and depressing to be in for hours at a time. I'd love it if we got four tokens per writ like the city festival. I'm all for grinding less and doing more things in the game that I like to do.....like decorate.
  10. Cyliena Well-Known Member

What would be fun is if we can occasionally get bonus Elemental Tokens from daily tradeskill apprentice quests. :)
    Shamus9 and Alanducar like this.
  11. Alanducar Active Member

That would be VERY cool, you know i'd be all over that lol. I see this topic is rather split down the middle but it seems to be leaning more towards the increase of tokens as opposed to leaving as is. I know i take the full two days of this event to craft my eyeballs out so it wouldn't hurt necessarily to have more tokens. I think there is enough items now that it would justify an increase! :)
    Shamus9 and Cyliena like this.
  12. Athenia Well-Known Member

Or to run further with that idea... Remember the Far Seas Innovations that'd happen in the crafting instances? Why not a similar "event" we'd have to counter in these Grotto instances that would give us extra tokens if done correctly? Not sure how many that it could award us... something like 5? 10?
  13. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I like the innovation idea.

I'm not keen on the apprentice idea. I think we get enough from them as it is. I doubt everyone that runs apprentice quests would really care to see these tokens pop up in place of something else on the loot table.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Aren't the city festival items a bit higher in cost per item? I am just so darn delighted with the new items. I don't mind at all the crafting to get them....
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't have apprentice capability at all, so yeah, I'd prefer another route than that. ;->

Uwk
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Good point.
  17. Alanducar Active Member

Well ultimately i wanted to get this post going to hopefully get a red name response to see what their thoughts were on the matter. I am very interested to see what could be done in the future due to the fact that so many items have been added to the moonlight enchantments now. I think there is at least 50+ items amongst all of them and when you want to buy more than one your strung up by the lack of tokens for accessibility. And for those who don't have an apprentice the potions of progress are out of the question since they are only given by them. Or me, i get busy and personally i don't always remember to work the daily on 9 toons every day. That's because i put a lot of focus on my houses. But that's besides the point, point is, i think its fair to have other options :)
    Shamus9 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Athenia Well-Known Member

They are, yep. On average the items from the festivals cost 2 tokens per item, and grottos are 1. However, you've got a full month to gather tokens for festivals, but you only have 48 hours to get enough tokens for grottos. Can't prepare ahead of time for those, unfortunately!

I do appreciate all the new items, I really really do (sparkly water tiles? Um, YES!). I too would like some other options in the mad grab for items now that there are so many. :)
  19. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I would like to also put in my vote for more tokens per quest - 4 per quest would be in line with City Festivals. When Moonlight Enchantments falls on work days I have maybe 1 hour I can get on and grind for tokens per day. It's just not enough! :) I would also be in favor of making Moonlight Enchantments longer (3-4 days).
  20. pumancat Well-Known Member

I don't have the progession option, no COE, but I don't mind the root beer grinding. I want at least a dozen bears and wolves ,, lol. Plus the new trees and rocks!. They've got to give us a new blank slate home, so I can build my DLW/Nek forest.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.