More time

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Joami, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Cheeznip New Member

I wouldn’t mind 4 extra weeks. 6 months is little to much IMO.
    After the 3 months the really hardcore folks might get bored and the rest of us might get a shot to take down the contested mobs.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

We really don't need delays, we already lose roughly 20% of our players each expansion in the last 3 weeks cause they're bored and tired of grinding the same content. Adding more time isn't needed at all.
  3. Ratface Member

Frankly DoF to EoF 3 months has felt about right, with the last month becoming a bit of a slog.
  4. Aricael Member

4 month would be great, 3 is too short for real casuals :)

Also keep in mind most of the people will lose their interest to this TLE after TSO or even after RoK the game will not be great again.
  5. Aricael Member

Bored of what?

Real casuals started to do EoF farm just at the end of April. 20% of hardcore or instance grind players can wait and take a break until new expac is released. Also remember RoK and TSO maybe were the last good expacs worth to play.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm really not sure how to respond to this, there are no hardcore players on this server really, its all casual cause its all just repeat content to begin with.

I've seen the same thing happen since FG started, in the last 4 weeks of each 12 week period roughly 20% of the people I know playing get bored of logging in 2 nights a week to do the same thing over and over and quit. A few of them come back sometime later, but the majority go find some other game, get engaged and don't really come back.

Result is a collapsing playerbase, so my point was, please don't slow it down more.
  7. Adjuvant1 Member

"Collapsing playerbase of the content locusts, metaslaves, and the wannabes that joined good live guilds 10 years after they founded, just to come here and act like hot stuff. There are still literally thousands playing."

FTFY
  8. Kharnatex New Member

How about expansions like DoV, which has 1 x2 ToFS, then every zone having an EM and a HM? Fortress of Rime, KD to start, then Drunder towers, Plane of War, Skyshrine? thats a lot of farming for your players in a raid. Unless you raid 5 nights a week it will be hard to gear completely for HM (or get close enough to wing it). Granted that is if the server goes on for that long. Just wanting to see what that will be like.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

DoV is an xpac where we would need more time, or they just put drunder/plane of war at the 4 week mark, and skyshrine at the 8 week mark. Which would be great, DoV won't be bad this time around because of our high hp pools, no crit mit, less critical chance restrictions, can probably burn stuff so fast it just won't matter.
  10. Linus Member

I think there's some confusion about when Skyshrine will be released (assuming we get that far), which will need to be clarified by a dev. But as it was released parallel with AoD, which also went alongside a level cap increase (90->92), I'd suspect we won't see WL and Skyshrine released until 12 weeks after DoV. So it'd make sense to me to do DoV (ToFS, Kraytok, Kael) at open, then Drunder/PoW at week 6 for DoV, then WL/Skyshrine along with an AoD release. I'm not sure how the Normal/Hardmode stuff will go though in DoV considering how much raid content is specific to DoV. And since technically AoD wasn't an xpac, the devs COULD choose to release WL/Skyshrine all funny and add a level raise right in the middle. Which would be weird as hell.