More Fuel for the Fire

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Ixtril, Feb 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Neiloch@Crushbone wrote:
    And not knowing about or taking the time to learn that mechanic exists and has existed since launch is even more ignorant lol. Your ignorance is the entire reason I did stretch this out. I attempted to force you to use your brain and figure these things out for yourself but you failed.
    See and now you and others are saying 'Hey take the snare and stun off so and so and increase it's damage'. I wish you luck on the attempt and hope you have better results then I did back in the day. By the way I'm 99.99999% sure I've played a ranger, raided on a ranger, killed more end game content and worked to get ranger problems fixed longer then you.
    I'll leave you to rip or rage at me for my evil post and let you get back to the ignorance that is your bliss.
  2. ARCHIVED-glowsinthedark Guest

you know, there was a thread in the non game related forums about how people try to defend indeffensible points on the internet. You bring to mind a lot of them crychtonn, no one cares what you have killed when you were guilded with the dev, oh lets try to figure out those strats... You aren't a ranger anymore, we don't care what you think and your superior to everyone else attitude is getting old, go post in the assassin forums where you belong, you may have been a ranger once but not anymore
    http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-i...ent-techniques/
    there ya go, you fall into several of them
  3. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

Crychtonn wrote:
    Is there really any reason to attack my personal character repeatedly? At worst I attacked your discussion format and you leap to basically flaming me. Its like you took attacks on development personally. It serves absolutely no purpose here and I refuse to respond in kind.
    I never asked for the detrimental effects to be removed. If anyone complained about our damage being upped while having things that don't work on a lot of group mobs to a significant effect and never work on raid mobs (except for wounding shot and crit debuff) I wouldn't put much stock into their opinion. You can give everyone debuffs rangers have for all I care, at most it would make everyone better at kiting and soloing if they so desired. Also I never indicated that we need to match assassins, I would gladly take a close 4th place on DPS parses with a little more utility personally. My problem as well as other sorcerers and assassins problem is other classes with MUCH more utility are way to close to us on the parse, and since we are '4th' we are the first to go if they start parsing really high.
    I care not for the effects it would have in PvP. If I wanted to play a PvP game EQ2 would definitely be towards the bottom of the list. I will openly say I feel no pity for PvP'ers on EQ2, same as playing games like Lineage, Aion, or Counter-Strike purely for its PvE.
    Great, mystery (to me at least) solved, but it changes nothing. My points still stand, we are underpowered and poorly balanced, our utility is lacking and not enough to justify why our DPS is lower the way it is. I'll never ask for these dets to be removed, because that would indicate their actually useful. They can if they want, I can take it or leave it, but I'm not going to act like they give any kind of advantage either. You may have answered the 'why' for our poor DPS development which is fine but my response to it is that is clearly not working and needs to be scrapped by doing what rangers have already been asking for. So we are basically back where we started. Thanks for your time.