More Fluff-new stuff!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Karakis, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Karakis New Member

Hey all, I have been playing off and on since beta and one thing I find myself noticing lately is all of the great content many of the newer players do not even know is there due to power leveling and guild focused "power" zones I.E Sebilis that effectively bypasses much of the content for those levels.

My idea is simply this. People love appearance items these days, whatever they can collect to make their toons looks cool. So lets bring back some old content that is seldom explored!

It's a simple idea. New Currency: Desert Rubies.
    New Merchant(One for every Court in Maj'dul) Each merchant sells the same style of clothing only in their respective courts color. and a new Mount(s) Camel and Flying Carpet.
    The Appearance armor should fit the local décor, meaning yes people could run around looking like a Sheik or Aladdin or even Jasmine If that's your thing.
    The new currency should be placed in the raid zones of the continent and maybe the names of the highest level dungeon.

We have all of these custom items dedicated to Qeynos and Freeport, I think it's time Maj'dul gets some love as the worlds only truly Neutral city it should not be forgotten as a major city within the lore of EQ.

This way Old content is visited because youll need the Rep to buy from the vendors so youll have to do the missions, then youll have to chrono raid for the currency drops. Everyone wins.

Feedback? idea's? comments? Let your voices be heard. Make Maj'dul the shining jewel it deserves to be.
    Quiarrah likes this.
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Ohh! I like it! Hopefully furniture would be available too! (I've got appearance gear coming out my ears and am longing for a functional wardrobe/in home appearance gear depo type thing)
    There is some gorgeous stuff in Maj'Dul!
    I had an idea that would fit right in with your currency! The collection rewards and quest rewards from each zone or expansion made available on a merchant along with the appearance items you mentioned. (appearance gear and furniture only, since the stat gear wouldn't be relevant after the initial reward and would probably be used as an exploit for leveling up transmuting/adorning)
    Really hope the pet arena items would become available too, since the score thingy's been broken for 6 years or so and without a score the merchants kills/wins items are un-buyable.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I like it too! Especially since I have been begging for a Genie outfit ever since Sinking Sands and City festivals came into play!
    (and I don't mean the illusion either, I have that and it just isn't the same.)