Moo? (beastlord)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grandavi, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Grandavi Active Member

Found this out about a week ago and was just thinking about it... for all you beastlords that "don't know"...

In Nektolus Castle (not the instance... just the castle on the map), there is a Cowasaur (whatever its called.. lol) sitting in the middle that if you can get to the appropriate health without killing (not easy btw), you can get as a pet. Found it when hunting for Kenny...

So many little things that you don't know that you don't know.

Just to be clear... in Nektulous, you just fly to the castle (don't go into the instance) and fly up to the top and you will see an empty yard. There in the corner will be the (exotic?) warder... I think its called a meatbeast?
    Tedra, Breanna and Finora like this.
  2. Grandavi Active Member

Im guessing that's old info... but I enjoyed capturing it and just thought I would share.. lol
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

It's got low (comparatively) HP's, gotta be careful if trying to tame.

https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/A_hiding_bovoch
  4. Grayven Member

The species is "bovoch".

Meatbeast was the original beastie up in Shimmering Citadel (if you discount the gnolls with raptor/cow skins in Antonica during alpha) and Tame Exotic can get him, I think. Have to start the quest to spawn him, though.
  5. Grandavi Active Member

Wasn't any quest for me in Nek... I was just flying around looking for Kenny (found him too btw) and there was this little tyrannacow (as per Wulfgyr's link above, it is a Bovoch). Took me 3 tries to get him. First one was just walk up to him and my familiar bonuses just killed him. Removed all gear, familiar, merc, etc... and punched him (had to back up as I punched) and then remembered to turn off attack while capturing it. Cool little warder. : )
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's the problem with going back in time to pick up particular warder you want. I've done that and you have to strip all your armor, weps, gear etc, drop the merc/familiar just so you don't one-shot the beast. I've even chronoed down. Looking back, advice to beginning BLs would be to get the warders you want as they become available, because it can be extremely difficult to go back and get them later.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

8. Grandavi Active Member

Before I go grab a... certain avian... Warders are basically cosmetic aren't they? (in actual practice)
    The effects are there regardless what they look like or what warder it is, right? (not talking about the different types, just the different avians) A hawk warder wouldn't do anything that a ... um... sparrow would, correct? (just making sure my assumption is correct)
  9. Paragonvii Active Member

I believe you are correct :) From what I know, once you have caught an animal of that "type", when you catch another its simply cosmetic (which, is actually a great deal of fun and a lot cooler than I thought it would be lol). You can have so many dang pets with a BL, and if you can catch one you like better, badabing you got a new appearance. Wish I would have given this class a go a while back.

Alsos~ I really REALLY need to go snag me that moo cow thingy lol
  10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

I remember the difficulty I had getting an actual cow as a warder. They only exist as attackable mobs in a handful of areas and are all low level. I think I ended up having a guildie's low level alt beat it down for me.
  11. Qwerts New Member

Thanks for the tip. Just made a beasty and know exactly where that mob you mentioned is located. I have been using the gator and want to try some other options. Are pets all the same with abilities or are there specific pets in game that are more powerful?