(Monk & Zerker) Need More Tanks

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Zeke, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Zeke New Member

So i have a Monk and a Berserker and alts and im thinking of maki g them my main toons because frankly, there arent enough "Good" tanks that will run Heroics. (Im on Skyfire) So my question is, what are the prime stats i should be going for as either class if i want to run zones affectively (for example, Hatr Mod, Abil Mod, Flurry, Multi Attack, DPS, etc). Im only talking about base stats, not AAs or cast order. Id like to be able to help with the deficit of quality tanks on the server.

ADDITIONALLY. I am more than willing to take pointers or advice in general on either class
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

I love tanking.

I don't do it because of several reasons. PUGS never listen. PUGS will look at your gear and if you can't carry them and they have to work, they will find another tank.

Don't have the adorns/runes from PG. Don't ever plan on getting them and that is a make/break point for tanks it seems.

lastly..people are just mean and tanking is very unforgiving.
    Meneltel, Kheldorm and Zeddicious like this.
  3. Zeke New Member

Alright. Thank you for replying
  4. Nero Active Member

Those are arguably the 2 best tank classes in game right now, Zerker probably marginally edging out a monk, depending on fight requirements.

Outside of the obvious (Casting Speed, Reuse, and all of the other easily cappable stats) focus on:

1. HP - I personally have over 70 mil solo, unbuffed. I would think a heroic only tank would be fine with 50M+, which is not terribly hard to do.
    2. Potency - You're going to need it.. and lots of it to hold hate off of conjys (and other classes... maybe...) hard to say as everyone's numbers are skyrocketing right now... but aim for 50-60k+
    3. Hate mod at 100 when in group
    4. Resolve - absolutely top priority. Maybe even more so than the ones listed above.
    5. Fervor - Always nice if you can pick some up here or there. try to shoot for 100 self buffed.
    3. Mit and Block - As a monk, you can get to around 35k and a zerker will be at 40k+. Mind you this is a week into PoP, so these will likely go up as everyone gets better gear.

Im on Skyfire as well, GL!
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  5. Kayas Member

Do you still need hate mod at 100% to tank heroics with all the potency we are getting now?

Think I can tank Pop heroics with out my epic 2.0 (sk) I do have PG HP ru ess, but still have to upgrade the 20% one. Do I have to hit 110 before considering Pop heroics. Sorry if I hijacked the thread but seems like all these questions fit here.
  6. Nero Active Member

1. I dont think you can even zone into the heroics/ event heroics without being 110.

2. If fighters were the only ones getting potency, then you wouldn't need 100% hate mod, however as everyone is reaping the benefits, it is still recommended that you run at 100%, while buffed in group.
  7. Fairin Active Member

if you had less hatemod then a dps would have to hold back even more to not rip off you - if your group is sorta static you could go under it and have them buff you for it. but its super duper easy to reforge 100% hategain

you can zone into heroics at 105, long as you have the resolve you'll be fine.
  8. Jakaan Member

Well Nero, I'm having some difficulty with it. I'm using a bit of MasterCrafted armor still and only have 32M. I actually had more when using armor and purple runes from the previous xpac.

Any tips?
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Nero Active Member

Link your eq2 profile, so we can take a look and give feedback.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

it's normal. Same, If I take new shoulders compared to the terris thule shoulders, I lose a lot of HP (the 200k health from and the fact I could get the health purple set)

as long as I don't get another orange health set adorn, I'm stuck with it or I'd lose 7 million HP.

though at some point I'll have to :/
  11. Kabbe Member

50 mil is only "easy" to reach if you get the PG adorns. They make up for most health plus gain. If you choose monk the high hp would only really be needed in raids where alot of damage is unfriendly towards brawlers.
  12. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Nice advice Nero, I'm always so happy about how the Tanking community tries to help each other out.
  13. Nero Active Member

Thank you, but unfortunately, the numbers I wrote out are already outdated.

For example: the Mit numbers I quoted are definitely low. Plate tanks are at around 50k mit un-grouped, and i'm quickly approaching 40k as a monk. I see these continuing to grow as we start getting more raid gear circulated.

I have not seen a huge HP increase, partially due to losing some purple/orange set bonuses, but i know for a fact that by the end of the xpac we can expect to see some people breaking the 200M HP mark, if not more.

Resolve is still a high priority, but once u are at 558, it falls to the very bottom of the priority list, as 558 resolve is the requirement for T1 raids AND T3 heroics.

Fervor is fervor get it while it lasts.

DC and ADC- I dont know how i feel about this personally yet. There are 2 schools of thought on it wit the mobs now resisting XX amount of both.
    1. Go all in and get your DC to 180-200% and miss out on some other stats potentially.
    2. Just forget about it and let your DC fall to whatever it end up being, especially if you are a tank that doesnt have a lot of spells. Its a hard choice.. i dont have advice her yet...
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

on my tank right now I forgot about it DC.

I need 35 DC on belt and cloak, which means I'd miss mitigation and I feel I don't have enough yet. So choice is easy.

ascensions and taunts are the only stuff that DC as bruiser, at usually high on parse .. so would help damage. but I decided that .... I may suck in damage .. if at least I can stay alive :/ (which I struggle too with non mitigated or blockable damages)

but I'm really not happy with the state of bruiser right now. monks at least have dragonfire huge damage
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I know its a hard balancing act this expac, I'm trying my best but am hardly ever totally satisfied with the results. At the moment I'm waiting on my friends and guildmates to get caught up (and for a few of them to get back from IoR lol ) before trying the heroics. I'm in no rush to be honest.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Don't forget to infuse your gear, that will net you a few mil hp if you do all slots.
  17. Kielex Well-Known Member

I know monks are in a great spot right now, But I haven't seen a decent beserker since holgoo left HOF so I can't offer you much advice towards Bezerker. If you go monk just make sure you spec into dragonfire taunt as it will be your main source of AE aggro. Atleast that's from what I've been told here on the forums ^-^
  18. Vokan Well-Known Member

You have already made two posts on this can you stop with passive aggressive posts.
  19. Kielex Well-Known Member

How is that being passive aggressive ? It's genuine advice. This game needs more good tanks lol
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

My 2 cents, the more the merrier. There's this moment in a recent PQ where I was in a group with all mages and one zerker. And I'm inspecting him. He's got all awe-type gear and either epic or tome were missing, can't recall which. He didn't lose aggro though. Good tanking can trump gear to a certain extent. Go for it.

Holgoo might be a legend on HoF, but Skyfire has its own. Anyone who ran with a certain cereal-named zerler during Skyshrine knows who I mean. I hope he hasn't left. He was amazing, he could time his self heals to last forever while we played keystone cops trying to stay alive. Don't want to be rude and out him though, hehe. What I learned from him is, never panic, never.