Monk Epic, "The Hand of Serenity" has been completed! Pic/Stats inside

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Xxooo-Coav Guest

Some of you are truly being pricks about this weapon.
    If ANYONE remembers anything about epics from EQ1, there was a 'pre-epic' that supposedly held you over until you finished it. From what I remember (with the druid one), it was groupable to get, and up to a point before you needed a raid force.
    Hand of Serenity. Lets see here. It took a handful of monks to complete it in a day. Honestly... Friggin honestly... what did you expect to acquire from something so easy a group can do it?
    /cry its not better than the raid drops (Doomcoil, Nightmare Wraps, Mallet of Crushing Depths, etc)... last I heard, you couldnt acquire them as a group.
    The Restored Hand of Serenity - blows everything else out of the water right? Will not be the easiest thing to get (for the time being).

Seems to scale just fine to me. To acquire a pre-epic item as a group, the Hand of Serenity seems to have great stats.

If you dont like it, dont F***ing get it!!!

Honestly, I am really disappointed at how some of you are being with this.
  2. ARCHIVED-Aragmar123 Guest

Originally there were no pre-epics. What you are describing are the epic 1.5 that came out at the same time the 2.0s did. Those came out during OoW, whereas the 1.0 came out during Kunark.
  3. ARCHIVED-Junaru Guest

The chain thingy was my idea.. SOE should pay me royalties.

Granted I thought of it as a AA ability but still came from ME and ME only..

End Ability - Able to use chain armor (Ok make this one so you need to spend 30+ points into Body before you can get it. This would be for people who want to be TANKS.)
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...90&#4052463
  4. ARCHIVED-Xxooo-Coav Guest

Aragmar123 wrote:
    No, because I retired before they came out with 1.5/2.0 epics.
    When trudging through the epic (1.0), about 1/2 way through, you obtained a pathetic version of your weapon (I know druids did).
  5. ARCHIVED-RoguePyro Guest

You got it mostly because epics were based on the paladin thing.

Paladins had a sword with a particle effect well before epics were even thought of... You'll even recognize the name, Soulfire. (Yep, they based Claymore reward on it I betcha)

When they put in Epics they made Soulfire one of the pre-reqs for Paladins...

Thus since they got an intermediate reward, it would make sense they put one in for the others.

Then again, I WAS a Paladin in EQ1 so thats my take on it!

(All statements in this post are opinions and rants of GorgimCo)
  6. ARCHIVED-RoguePyro Guest

Junaru wrote:
    You're my new hero, even if you do play on the wrong server.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jihrun Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Aragmar123 Guest

Xxooo-Coav wrote:
    Druids were the only ones to get a weapon during the process.
  9. ARCHIVED-RoguePyro Guest

Aragmar123 wrote:
    I stand by my delusions!
  10. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

Actually, I believe warriors in EQ1 got a pre-epic as well. In fact, 2 that combined into the actual epic. As a cleric, I know I got no pre-epic for the epic 1.0. But did throughly enjoy having both the 1.0 and 2.0 equipped together. =) And I believe that EQ1 epics came out with Velious, not Kunark.

On a side note though, about the actual monk pre-/epic, how does this effect those of us who took the Str line of AA's? Do we have to give up the bonus's we have for fighting unarmed? Or is there a way around this?
  11. ARCHIVED-RoguePyro Guest

Actually eq1 epics came out quite abit after kunark AND velious... With the rate that EQ1 cranked out expansions it may of been several past.

Anyway, back on topic.

Its a weapon, so the STR AA line is no good with it. Then again honestly, if you let anything work with the Str AA's, even modified down as many suggest, it would then become the must have line. So I'm fine with it. I'll miss my debuff, but what can ya do?