Monk DPS in group environment

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Janto, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

Brawlers can dps, sure. And we pull in decent numbers. But really, any class from assassin to mystic can dps. It's just a question of how well they dps. Brawlers are pretty good, and we especially shine at times like now when we tend to outgear our peers, but once things balance out a little better, we'll fall down into the middle range.
    The fact remains that an equally geared and skilled sorcerer, predator, or swashy will pull in better numbers, and an equally geared enchanter or brig will pull in equal numbers plus utility. You can pull off a dps role, sure, but you won't be living up to the class's full potential unless you tank as well. Even Bchizzle is saying that the best route is to start off as dps and then work your way in to a tanking role. Its nice to have the flexibility to do both. DPSing is great if you're not very confident and want to learn a zone before you have to tank it yourself.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Mosha DKhan wrote:
    Then the DPS in your raid must be doing something seriously wrong since my assassin, with only TSO T3-T4 (Only hands, wrists and feet T4 and low-end SF legendary jewelery), does about the same DPS as you do.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    People don't bring chanters for power regen? Either SF raiding is absolutly nothing like RoK and TSO raiding or are lieing. And I didn't just say they couldn't use mana regen, I said that they could "only DPS".
  4. ARCHIVED-fre'do Guest

In that group a monk is a good member. They can off tank to make sure the healer stays alive or the mages. Also we do give out good damage maybe the not the top dpser but good.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dangdangbang Guest

As a monk in the t9 area your looking at mid tier dps you just don't deal the kind of damage as like a ranger sorc at least for me.