Mitigation on leather gear.

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Shiloh, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Shiloh Member

Ok...Something is fishy with monk after the release of RoR.
    Wearing full legendary gear from solos and music box quests etc in RoR, at about 8820 resolve atm.
    Mitigation is at the fantastic number of 7600 atm! (irony)
    My mitigation has dropped around 30k from release when switching to new armor, leathergear has silly low amount of mitigation on it atm.

Have to use all my stoneskins and deathsaves on every solo-mob to be able to survive, the incoming damage is insane on him.
    Gannor clarified it really good further down here......
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The mitigation on all gear is 1/3 the amount as on my VoV gear FWIW.

But just saying "leather gear" isn't going to get the problem fixed. Name the exact pieces and what you're comparing them to. You can't expect the devs to use their awesome clairvoyance to figure out what you mean.

Pay attention to whether its TREASURED, LEGENDARY, MASTERCRAFTED, or whatever also. You may just have a tier difference? And I'd expect leather to have less mitigation than plate or chain just to start with.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Gannor New Member

As a Monk Tank, I too have noticed something highly amiss with my defensive capabilities. I'll walk you through what I know.

I made this comparison using two characters. Measurements are made inside Raj'Dur Plataeus: Blood and Sand, so the Grace of Norrath buff is included in the stats.

[Gannor]
    125 Monk, Tank Spec'ed
    HP: 3,968m
    Power: 43.1m
    Stamina: 279936
    Mitigation: 16293
    Avoidance: 34106
    Block Chance: 129.5%
    > Base Avoidance: 57.8%
    > Block: 70%
    > Uncontested Block: 70%
    > Parry: 39.1%
    Resolve: 8613.7
    Potency: 990.5k
    ABmod: 26.5m
    Fervor: 909.2

Gear Sampling...
    Chest: Ruthless Florahide Chestguard
    400 Resolve / 1433 Mitigation
    Legs: Resilient Florahide Leggings
    390 REsolve / 1344 Mitigation
    Arms: Gleaming Prolific Shoulderwraps
    400 Resolve / 1338 Mitigation

[Doomsar]
    125 Coercer, Support Spec'ed
    HP: 2,965.9b
    Power: 46.1m
    Stamina: 360144
    Mitigation: 7994
    Avoidance: 14643
    > Base Avoidance: 54.1%
    > Block: 0
    > Uncontested Riposte: 10%
    > Parry: 0
    Resolve: 8345
    Potency: 962.2k
    ABmod: 16.6m
    Fervor: 923.2%

Gear Sampling...
    Chest: Hopewell Cloth Shirt of Stratagem
    385 Resolve / 671 Mitigation
    Legs: Hopewell Cloth Greaves of Foresight
    385 Resolve / 671 Mitigation
    Arms: Hopewell Cloth Pauldrons of Insight
    385 Resolve / 626 Mitigation

For sake of the comparrison, both are using a newly hired Dralira of Ro, at level 2, with Hopewell gear straight out of the box.

Target of Test: "Baka", First Boss, Solo Instance.

Doomsar's Performance:
    (01:05) Baka: 558.88B Doomsar-Graceful Smite-2.46T
    Dooms | 551.29B
    Crusa | 7.54B (Possess Essence Pet)
    Drali | 53.40M
    Dooms | 0

Doomsar Incoming Damage: 26,557,200,370 Damage
    Warded Damage: 11,600,155,079 Damage

We have a Mage in Box armor, not even one optimized for damage, winning this battle in 1 minute and 5 seconds, with the hardest hit coming from the Grace of Norrath buff, not even from any of his own attack abilities. We can see that a total of 14,957,045,291 damage was not warded, divided over 65 seconds of battle is 230,108,389 damage per second incoming. Which he survived.

Gannor's Performance:
    (03:28) Baka: 156.67B Gannor-Devastation Fist-653.06B
    Ganno | 156.66B
    Drali | 6.42M

Gannor Incoming Damage: 102,027,231,770
    Warded Damage: 10,293,343,728

Tank Spec Monk, utilizing all defensive abilities to their fullest, Not only did the fight take more than 3 times as long... I didn't even win. This was a loss, despite six procs of Tenacity and one successful Merc Rez. 91,733,888,042 unwarded damage, over the course of 208 seconds gives us 441,028,307.8 damage per second. So despite the massive superiority in Gear, and being specifically tanky, and having multiple self-heals and death preventions, I was taking taking twice the damage per second as the box-geared cloth mage. Now, maybe I'm crazy, but that still doesn't feel like it's enough to explain why I functionally died 8 times over what the Mage suffered from that battle. ACT's avoidance report doesn't look very special.

Blocked: 60 avoids out of 272 swings ; 22.06%
    Dodged: 54 avoids out of 272 swings ; 19.85%
    Stone Skin: 4 avoids out of 272 swings
    Parry: 17 avoids out of 272 swings ; 6.25 %
    Riposte: 63 avoids out of 272 swings ; 23.16%
    Total: Avoided 72.79% of all attacks.
    Average Damage Avoided: 430,863,063.31 per Second

So, effectively, I avoided half of all incoming damage per second. That was eight hundred million coming in at Gannor per second. So, what does Doomsar's Avoidance Report look like? Glad you asked:

No Damage/Stoneskin: 6 Avoids out of 25 swings ; 24%
    Total: 24%
    Average Damage Avoided: 36,297,063.37

Doomsar only took 25 swings from his enemy, and avoided 15% of incoming damage in just over a minute of fighting. How exactly did Gannor take 272 incoming attacks with only 3 and a half minutes of combat? From the numbers I'm seeing here, something is causing an insane amount of additional strikes to come in on him. So where's all that damage coming from?

Gannor, Incoming Damage:
    Sorocco Winds: 27% (59/59 hits) Max: 615,196,068
    Fists of Raj'Dur: 24% (16/16 hits) Max: 1,674,282,496
    Slash : 13% (32/168 hits) Max: 441,429,423

Something here really doesn't feel like it's adding up. Those numbers really don't look like they should be overpowering me the way they are. Somehow, a Monk Tank with death saved, 100% self heals, leather armor, and a near 300 resolve advantage is getting splattered by a mob that a crummy mage is breezing through. I don't think it's the mitigation, Doomsar practically has none. So what gives? Why is my Tank literally unable to progress his sig line? Why can I use the Tradeskill line to access every zone, scrounge up every side quest's armor ahead of time, dominate the overland bosses and complete all three overland weeklies... and I'm incapable of completing a single solo zone to progress the Adventure Sig Line. At all.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Gannor New Member

AhahahahaHAHAHAhaha...

Okay... after seeing how much of the fight the Grace Smite did for me, and how little damage Doomsar was taking... I decided to take it up a notch. Let me introduce you to

[Hyssad]
    125 Inquisitor
    HP: 2,498b
    Power: 38.4m
    Stamina: 317698
    Mitigation: 32838
    Avoidance: 6450
    > Base Avoidance: 29.4%
    > Block: 0
    > Uncontested Anything: 0%
    > Other Evasive Skills: 0%
    Resolve: 6875 (Still in his VoV gear)
    Potency: 660k
    ABmod: 6m
    Fervor: 916.7

Gear Sampling...
    Chest: Bloodbound Breastplate of Insight
    315 Resolve / 2138 Mitigation
    Legs: Void-Touched Watchman's Greaves
    315 Resolve / 2156 Mitigation
    Arms: Unbound Fervid Pauldrons
    315 Resolve / 1996 Mitigation

Merc: Bellika Dollietanka, Level 7, with 300 Resolve Head, Shoulders, Back and Bracer, 4 300 resolve accolades, and one empty accolade slot because I'm a forgetful dummy.

Bellika's Stats:
    HP: 791m
    Power: 10m
    Mitigation: 3856
    Avoidance: 13743

The Fight:

(22:28) Baka: 28.64B Hyssad-Graceful Smite-1.45T
    Hyssa | 28.64B
    Belli | 789.23K

Incoming Damage to Hyssad: 135,323,684
    Incoming Damage to Bellika: 38,917,328

Yes. It took him twenty two and a half minutes to win. But he won. And my Baby Inquisitor and his Toy Tank didn't even take as much damage at them as Doomsar did. Despite being more than a thousand resolve behind in gear. Once I figured out how to stand out of range of Baka's stun fist, I didn't even have to try. I was Discording mid-fight. Without the DoT hitting me, I didn't even need to bother curing it. It never even phased Bellika.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Before you start thinking that your leather mitigation is too low, please keep in mind that Kander is currently taking feedback on the bosses and their various abilities from the solo zones to see which ones need severe nerfing. Pretty much all of them will be made easier to some extent on Tuesday's patch because an overwhelming amount of evidence that the bosses in the solo zones are actually too powerful and too unpredictable with their attacks.
    Sigrdrifa and Twyla like this.
  6. Gannor New Member

I don't think it's just the leather. And I don't think it's just the NPC's attacks. I think there's a bigger issue here. Something is making my Monk Tank weaker than an Inquisitor with a nearly 1800-resolve-sized disadvantage and a merc that's not even as good as half-arsed. Sohbek suggested it might be a problem with Wary Protection, like early VoV, but I just tested three expansions worth of weapons, with and without, and nothing in that line of thinking changed the fact that this quest is impossible for me to solo on this toon.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Since resolve doesn't impact solo zones, I'm going to guess there's something else at work. Maybe people should start linking their toons so that others can take a look at what may be happening.
  8. Gannor New Member

9. Shiloh Member

10. Safi New Member

I also noticed the very low mitigation on all the new gear for my monk ( both Tishan's and dropped /quested) compared to what we were wearing previously but it seems like it is not only leather, my illusionist new armor is also about 2/3 less on mitigation than before and the same for chain armor. I have not taken my SK to the new zone yet but suspect plate is the same.
    I wonder if this was intended or an error as I did not notice anything in patch notes about a decrease in mitigation?
    I also saw Kanders' response on the other thread, so am waiting until Tuesday to see what happens regarding the Solo instances.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We mentioned it in Beta. They know.
  12. Safi New Member

^^^ Thank you Sigrdrifa !
    I did not play on Beta this time, so was not aware :)
  13. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I am a fury that duo's with a monk, who has better gear than I do, yet he has a hard time staying alive even when I'm spamming my heals at him in the solo zones. He used to be able to do solo zones with a merc, now that's just not possible, yet my fury can do it no problem. Needless to say, I feel your pain, and as a non-monk, I see the difference also.
  14. Gannor New Member

Patch Complete. No change. Still getting decimated.

Fought Baka to a win on Gannor. Took 7 minutes and 42 seconds.

ACT says I avoided 336 out of 471 incoming attacks, avoiding 226,453,430 damage per second, while the damage I did endure was 310,747,569 damage per second. Most of the avoided damage was blocked or parried (45.22%), while most of the damage endured was from Sirocco Winds (32%).

I couldn't help but look at the abilities being used against me during the battle, and the numbers didn't seem right to me...

Sirocco Winds was constant the entire fight, doing 16% to 24% of Max Health Damage in Slashing every 3 seconds, and lists itself as "harder than normal to mitigate". I also repeatedly got Fists of Raj'Dur which said it was 30% max health damage instantly and every 4 seconds in Crushing damage, and Booted Dagger which inflicts 35% of max health instantly and every 4 seconds. That... seems like an awful lot of percentile damage to put up with during a single fight. There were points there where all three were active, meaning I was taking a minimum of 81% of Max Health Damage every 4 seconds. This being based on Max Health might also explain why it was doing so much less to my weaker characters. They have smaller health pools than my roided up Monk. Still, I don't understand why they weren't noticing this kind of ungodly percentile damage. So, I took my Mage back to Baka. This time, he's not at basic Box gear, he's got a mix-and-match of quested and crafted gear. Gannor's at 8713 Resolve, and Doomsar has now caught up to 8687 resolve. So what happened?

The fight took 37 Seconds. Just 37 seconds. Not only that... Doomsar literally never took a scratch. 257,777,485 incoming damage, all warded. I was terribly confused by this, I can understand taking less, but actually taking none at all? I discovered something. Scaled Protection, from the Dragon AAs, was showing that it was warding me for "126.6% of Max Health" and regenerating 33% of that every 6 seconds. I'm self-warded for 4.2 billion, and regenerating 1.4 billion in wards every tick. My mage is invincible, while my tank is being turned inside out any time more than one of the three triggered effects is on him.

Add to that, the incredible unfairness of Grace of Norrath giving Mages and Healers a flat percentile bonus attack, while giving no such offensive bonus to Tanks or Scouts. In fact, it was Doomsar's highest damage source in the battle.

Graceful Smite was 68% of his DPS, hitting up to 2.4 Trillion damage a shot. Gannor's highest hit was Devstation Fist for 598 billion. This is wrong, and this is busted, and the patch hasn't touched it at all.

I am disappointed.